Sales Research Intern - St. Petersburg, FL
Internships at UnitedHealth Group. If you want an intern experience that will dramatically shape your career, consider a company that's dramatically shaping our entire health care system. UnitedHealth Group internship opportunities will provide a hands-on view of a rapidly evolving, incredibly challenging marketplace of ideas, products and services. You'll work side by side with some of the smartest people in the business on assignments that matter. So here we are. You have a lot to learn. We have a lot to do. It's the perfect storm. And even better? Join us and you may end up staying for a career in which you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Interns in UnitedHealthcare StudentResources are responsible for supporting the Account Executives (AE) prospecting of new College and University student health insurance business. This includes serving as a key liaison between the prospect and sales team, documenting the client's current insurance information, and scheduling / participating in direct or broker driven sales meetings. They will also assist in addressing any escalated issues sent to them, the AE, or other employee. In this position, a major role will be scheduling meetings with prospective clients and educating them on UHCSR services and other eTools as appropriate.
This is an opportunity to work with Student Affairs, Risk Management, and Health Center personnel at major Colleges and Universities in all 50 states.
For specific information about UnitedHealthcare StudentResources visit www.uhcsr.com
Housing and relocation assistance is not available for this position
The start date for this position is 6/1/2020
H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for this position
- Prospect new accounts to identify if the school offers a student health insurance plan. This includes documenting in sales database (CRM) the insurance carrier, broker, Third Party Administrator, and expected membership
- Identify opportunities for Ancillary/Enterprise products
- Effective management of your assigned accounts and responsibilities. Work should move forward with the goal of meeting established deadlines and timelines
- Conveying written and spoken information effectively in a clear and concise manner
- Support new business and finalist presentation templates to represent service experience, or coordinate attendees from other service related areas to support AE
- Establish and maintain Broker / Consultant relationship as needed, but primarily with prospect
- Assist Customer Services Analysts (CSA) with documentation of client setup to ensure deliverables are completed timely
- Present a positive image of UnitedHealthcare StudentResources in the marketplace
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree, must be actively enrolled in an accredited college/university during the duration of the internship
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders will not be considered. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for this position
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Sales from an accredited college/university
- Previous work experience in sales, customer service, health care, or insurance
- Minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Intern, Sales, Florida, FL, St. Petersburg, UHC
Back to top