RN Manager of Utilization Management - Irvine, CA 5000 Sign On Bonus for External Candidates
Manager of Utilization Management
$5,000 Sign On Bonus for External Candidates
Monarch HealthCare is one of the largest associations of physicians and health care professionals in Orange County and Long Beach. Our network gives you lots of access to specialists, hospitals, skilled nursing, urgent care and more so you have the perfect fit for good health. Monarch is part of OptumCare, a care delivery organization that improves patient health and helps make health care work better.
The Manager of Utilization Management is responsible for clinical operations and Utilization Management activities across the continuum of care (assessing, planning, implementing, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating).
- Clinical operations across the continuum of care (assessing, planning, implementing, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating)
- Utilization management and coordination of care
- Takes lead role in setting direction and participating in or developing new programs
- Sets team direction, resolves problems and provides guidance to members of the team
- Ensures team meets established performance metrics
- Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address business and operational challenges
- High School Diploma or GED
- Current, unrestricted RN license in California
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in a supervisor or leadership role
- 3+ years of experience in a hospital setting, acute care, direct care experience or experience as a telephonic case Manager, or utilization management nurse.
- Basic level of experience with Microsoft Word, with the ability to navigate a Windows environment
- ASN degree or BSN degree
- A background in managed care
- Case / Utilization Management experience
- Experience in utilization review, concurrent review and/or risk management
What's the first thing that happens when one of the most successful physician groups in Orange County comes together with a global leader in health care? Opportunity. With Monarch HealthCare joining OptumCare and the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, people like you will find increasing levels of challenge, impact and professional success. With a vibrant network of hospitals and urgent care centers, we're changing health care for the better by improving access to affordable, high quality care, and working together to improve the patient experience. That takes passion, commitment, intense focus and the ability to contribute effectively in a highly collaborative team environment. Are you with us? Learn more about this exciting opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
PLEASE NOTE The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: UM, Manager, UM Manager, utilization management, case manager, hospital, acute care, telephonic, Monarch, NCQA, Irvine, CA, California
Meet Some of UnitedHealth Group's Employees
Jessica D.Compassion Manager
Jessica studies how compassion fits into health care and trains employees on ways to treat UnitedHealth Group members with empathy and understanding.
Back to top