Rheumatology Physician - Wellmed - Corpus Christi, TX
- Corpus Christi, TX
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work.(sm)
As part of the multi-disciplinary team, the Rheumatologist will provide medical diagnostic and therapeutic care and service, referring consultations for specialty care, and education and preventive care advice to all patients served. The performance will be tracked and comparatively reported using metrics related to the strategic direction and operational needs of the organization.
- Assesses patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories
- Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests, such as x-rays and laboratory studies; interpreting test results
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records
- Performs therapeutic procedures by administering injections and immunizations; suturing; managing wounds and infections
- Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens; giving normal growth and development information; discussing family planning; providing counseling on emotional problems of daily living; promoting wellness and health maintenance
- Obtains medical histories and performs physical examinations
- Diagnoses and treats acute health problems such as infections and injuries
- Diagnoses and treats, and monitors chronic diseases
- Orders, performs, and interprets diagnostic studies such as lab work and x-rays
- Prescribes medications, administers injections, and other treatments as directed by the physician
- Interviews and advises patients regarding health and illness prevention. Recommends community resources to meet patient and family needs
- Maintains and reviews patient records, charts, and other pertinent information. Posttest and examination results
- Triages patient telephone calls and provides consultation
- Manages medical and surgical emergencies
- Attends required meetings and participates in team activities and professional development activities
- Performs any other job-related duties as assigned
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Medical Degree from accredited university
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 240,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Rheumatologist, Rheumatology, San Antonio, TX, Texas
Back to top