Regular to Principal Software Engineer, Back End (Core)
- Chicago, IL
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Join Rally Health as a Software Engineer, Back End (hiring Regular to Principal Level)where you will code in Java and JVM based programming languages and develop Web-application using Spring Boot and Play Framework. You will be part of a team that powers the identity and access for a suite of products. HealthSafe ID eliminates the need for portals to have their own ad hoc log in solutions, while allowing a user to use a single set of credentials to access their healthcare products. As part of the Core Services Team, you will report to the Director of Engineering and work with engineering leaders, Product Managers and other teams.
- Develop database models using SQL, PostgreSQL and MongoDB.
- Communicate on software design with Core and Security teams leadership.
- Manage code changes using Git and GitHub.
- Perform code review using GitHub.Architect and develop identity and authorization solutions for both web and mobile applications.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, including development, code reviews, testing and production.
- Work with product managers to understand the features, do technical assessment and costing, design, code, test and deliver.
- Support live-site with production debugging and track down causes and fix them in systematic ways.
- Build highly scalable and secure systems.
- Write high performance production quality code.
- Command of Java or C# and interest in learning Scala.
- 1+ years of experience with distributed systems and application design in a SOA environment.
- 2+ years of experience with production debugging and to track down root causes and fix them in systematic ways.
- Knowledge of high-scale performance and optimization tools and techniques.
- Knowledge of database concepts (both NoSQL and RDBMS).
- Knowledge of computing concepts including API design, crafting, fault tolerance, highly available and scalable distributed systems, multithreaded programming, performance tuning, and security.
- Experience in the Healthcare industry is a bonus
- Experience with authorization frameworks like oAuth 2.0, SAML or OpenID Connect is a bonus
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical role or equivalent experience
Rally Health ™ is about putting health in the hands of the individual. It's our mission, and it drives everything we do! With our easy-to-use online and mobile tools, we empower people and help them take charge of their health and health care. Improving their diet and fitness to selecting health benefits and choosing the right doctor at the right price for their needs.
Our culture is built on a deep and sincere dedication to helping people live healthier lives. To do this, we are committed to improving at every level. We're building digital tools that support people over their lifetime. Every day, we get to work with amazing people on something that directly impacts the lives of millions of people for the better.
At Rally, we believe in the importance of communication and collaboration to ensure every opinion is valued. Rally knows that we are strongest when our employee population reflects the diversity of the world around us, and we are a place where all voices are valid. A diverse workforce enriches us with the talent, perspective and inspiration we need to achieve our mission. Everything we do is performed with our users in mind, so we make sure that all of our work has a human touch it needs.
Resources to help you excel in our creative work atmosphere:
- Great compensation package
- Daily onsite catered lunches
- Comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision coverage, and 401(k)
- Paid leave for new parents
- Wellness programs, including physical and mental health services
- Flexible paid time off for full-time employees
Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people. It is our policy to train and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application or review process should notify Talent Acquisition (email@example.com).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Back to top