Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse, Part Time - West St. Paul, MN
- Saint Paul, MN
Careers with MedExpress. At MedExpress, we believe in delivering quality, convenient, affordable health care and exceeding our patients' expectations. Our neighborhood medical centers are open every day from 8-8 with a full medical team and no appointments necessary to help patients get in, get healthy, and get back to what's really important. We provide a broad scope of services including urgent care, basic wellness and prevention, and employer health services. As part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we're working together to help people live healthier lives and to help the health system work better for everyone. You can become part of our elite team almost anywhere with 250 MedExpress centers across the country and two administrative offices in Morgantown, WV and Pittsburgh, PA. Join us and start doing your life's best work. SM
Role Specific Language:
The Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical is responsible for ensuring the well-being of patients and for providing a positive, supportive environment while working in conjunction with physicians, advanced practice clinicians, front office and clinical staff. The successful RN/LPN will have sound clinical acumen, strong communication skills and a dedication to customer service and patient care.
- Assess, screen, triage and perform treatment ordered for patients
- Perform medical treatment as ordered by provider or established MedExpress standing orders
- Prepare and assist provider with dispensing prescribed medications (in states where applicable)
- Assists the provider with examinations, procedures and other duties
- Oversee and coordinate the daily patient care flow
- Assist patients as needed with walking, transfer, specimen collection, exam preparation, etc.
- Complete occupational health testing including such services as urine drug screens, breath alcohol testing, hair testing and physicals
- Complete patient referrals and patient callbacks daily
- Proper, concise and complete EMR documentation and/or paper based documentation for all assessments and procedures
- Other duties as assigned such as new models of care and new types of procedures, etc.
This role is center-based and requires working in a clinical setting. The noise level is moderate and there is a potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood-borne pathogens. It requires the ability to stand and sit for hours at a time (with some bending and stooping), ability to use manual dexterity in relation to clinical requirements, and ability to lift 50 lbs. Hours may vary based on location, patient volume, and business needs.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current active licensure in state of residence
- 2+ years dedicated clinical experience
- Maintain BLS/CPR and CME/CEU's as applicable for licensure
- Hold state required license and/or certification which allows placement of IVs or must be willing to obtain within 90 days if required by state (e.g. RN License; LPN + IV Certification)
- 1+ years of experience in Urgent Care, Emergency Room or Critical Care setting
- 2+ years dedicated nursing experience
- Working knowledge of computerized information systems (EMR) used in clinical management settings
- Experience with IV insertion
- Experience with employer health services / occupational medicine
- Experience with venous access for medication administration, venipuncture and lab specimen collections
Proof of immunity to vaccine-preventable diseases is an employment requirement.
© 2019 OptumCare. All rights reserved.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both its owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare's support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine provided by the medical practices of any of their physicians.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare . Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Registered Nurse, RN, healthcare, Licensed Practical Nurse, LPN, MedExpress, patient care, MedExpress, West St Paul, Minnesota
Back to top