Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse - Hershey, PA
- Harrisburg, PA
Careers with MedExpress. At MedExpress, we believe in delivering quality, convenient, affordable health care and exceeding our patients' expectations. Our neighborhood medical centers are open every day from 8-8 with a full medical team and no appointments necessary to help patients get in, get healthy, and get back to what's really important. We provide a broad scope of services including urgent care, basic wellness and prevention, and employer health services. As part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we're working together to help people live healthier lives and to help the health system work better for everyone. You can become part of our elite team almost anywhere with 250 MedExpress centers across the country and two administrative offices in Morgantown, WV and Pittsburgh, PA. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for ensuring the well-being of patients and for providing a positive, supportive environment while working in conjunction with physicians, advanced practice clinicians, front office and clinical staff. The successful RN/LPN/LVN will have sound clinical acumen, strong communication skills and a dedication to customer service and patient care.
- Assess, screen, triage and perform treatment ordered for patients
- Perform medical treatment as ordered by provider or established MedExpress standing orders
- Prepare and assist provider with dispensing prescribed medications (in states where applicable)
- Assist the provider with examinations, procedures and other duties
- Oversee and coordinate the daily patient care flow
- Assist patients as needed with walking, transfer, specimen collection, exam preparation, etc.
- Complete occupational health testing including such services as urine drug screens, breath alcohol testing, hair testing and physicals
- Complete patient referrals and patient callbacks daily
- Proper, concise and complete EMR documentation and/or paper based documentation for all assessments and procedures
- Other duties as assigned such as new models of care and new types of procedures, etc.
This role is center-based and requires working in a clinical setting. The noise level is moderate and there is a potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood-borne pathogens. It requires the ability to stand and sit for hours at a time (with some bending and stooping), ability to use manual dexterity in relation to clinical requirements, and ability to lift 50 lbs. Hours may vary based on location, patient volume, and business needs.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing with current state licensure
- LPN/LVN candidates only: Current IV Certification or must be willing to obtain within 90 days if required by state
- Ability to maintain BLS/CPR and CME/CEU's as applicable for licensure
- 2+ years dedicated nursing experience (RN candidates), or 2+ years dedicated clinical experience (LPN/LVN candidates)
- Experience with venous access for medication administration (RN candidates only), as well as venipuncture and lab specimen collections
- 1+ years of experience in Urgent Care, Emergency Room or Critical Care setting
- Experience with IV insertion
- Experience with employer health services / occupational medicine
- Working knowledge of computerized information systems (EMR) used in clinical management settings
© 2019 OptumCare. All rights reserved.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both its owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare's support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine provided by the medical practices of any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords:Registered Nurse, RN, Healthcare, Licensed Practical Nurse, LPN, MedExpress, Patient Care, BLS, CPR, CME, CEU, Hershey, Pennsylvania
Back to top