Radiology Tech Part Time Las Vegas NV
- Las Vegas, NV
If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
Southwest Medical Associates (SMA) is a multi-specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, plus E-visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. SMA offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. SMA is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
- Produce x-ray images per departmental protocol for the use in diagnosing medical problems with the ability to verify all orders and make appropriate communications and changes as necessary per department protocols and standard of work
- Follow customer service protocols with internal/external staff. Greet and prepare correctly identified patient for examination. Verify correct exam and provider information with the patient and make the appropriate communications as necessary. Explain to patient specific procedures to be performed in appropriate confidential areas
- Accurately maintain patient's imaging records utilizing the radiology information systems, (R.I.S.), Touch Works (All scripts), and PACS/Synapse application in accordance to HIPAA, and established SMA guidelines, policies and procedures as necessary and appropriate for work
- Ensure correct processing of images utilizing the x-ray equipment and examine images for technical quality and diagnostic acceptability following the department Quality Assurance guidelines and Technologist Quality guidelines
- Maintain radiology equipment, including calling for service as necessary and making appropriate communication. Maintain work and storage area in a neat/clean order. Assist and maintains supply par level
- Prepare copies of images, preliminary reports, and follow the department protocol of releasing copies of images in accordance of HIPAA
- Follow all safety standards and work practices in the work place. Utilize radiation safety and practices when operating radiologic equipment that emit radiation
- Follow modality standard of work
- Maintain attendance with work schedules. May also be assigned to other sites, shifts, and dates based on operational needs
- Compliance with annual mandatory Fit testing and TB testing as a job requirement. Maintain mandatory web courses as assigned. Maintain licensures and certificates
- Participate in meetings/huddles with attendance and discussion
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Radiology Technology or an Associates in Radiology Technology
- Current ARRT certification
- Current CPR certification
- Knowledge of radiology equipment, testing and safety hazards related to radiology required as well as knowledge of radiology positioning, procedures, diagnosis and quality assurance
- 6 months+ of experience in an acute care hospital setting
- Thorough knowledge of state and federal imaging guidelines pertaining to specialties
- Proven ability to effectively communicate technical procedures and results with patients and providers
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to use radiology computerized management system, PACS system, electronic health record and all other applicable facility computerized systems
- Skilled in properly positioning patients to provide quality imaging
- Ability to perform imaging exams as applicable to license(s)
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: radiology, rad tech, ARRT, CPR, Las Vegas, Optum, clinic, United Health Care, Nevada, radiology
Back to top