Pulmonologist - Maplewood, NJ
- Union, NJ
As a part of the OptumCare network, Riverside Medical Group is seeking a Pulmonology Physician to join our growing team in northern New Jersey. At Optum , we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing physician-led care locally. Start doing your life's best work with the largest care delivery organization in the world.
- Consulting with patients, both out-patient and in-patient, to understand their symptoms and health concerns.
- Performing and/or overseeing pulmonary procedures.
- Diagnosing and treating conditions, such as asthma, bronchitis, and emphysema.
- Using and interpreting pulmonological exams and tests to aid in the diagnosis of cardiopulmonary diseases and conditions, including CT scans, chest fluoroscopies, ultrasounds, and bronchoscopies.
- Providing immunizations against preventable cardiopulmonary diseases.
- Maintaining detailed notes of appointments with patients, including comments, tests and/or treatments prescribed, and test results.
- Referring patients to other specialists when necessary, especially Sleep Medicine for possible sleep apnea patients.
- Advising cardiothoracic surgeons of the risk status of patients and recommending interventions to minimize risk, especially in tuberculosis cases.
- Providing support and advice to patients receiving long-term care.
- Working with clinical staff and administration teams to grow and expand the practice.
- Strong practice support and high patient demand
What makes an OptumCare organization different?
- Providers are supported to practice at the peak of their license
- We recognize that if you want to provide good care and do it well, you can't do it alone - this is the foundation of the team-based care model
- The culture is one of clinical innovation and transformation
- We are influencing change on a national scale while still maintaining the culture and community of our local care organizations
Compensation & Benefits Highlights
- Compensation based on quality, not quantity
- Multiple medical, dental and vision options to choose from
- Paid STD, LTD, Life and AD&D insurance
- CME Allowance
- Paid Time Off
- Robust retirement including employer funded contributions and employee stock purchase plan
- Company paid malpractice insurance
About Riverside Medical Group
Riverside Medical Group is the premier medical practice in New Jersey serving patients in Hudson, Bergen, Passaic, Essex, Middlesex, Burlington, and Camden counties. We have over 60 locations and 180 board certified medical providers specializing in Adult Medicine, Pediatrics, ENT, Foot & Ankle, Gastroenterology, Rheumatology, Cardiology, Behavioral Health, Physical Therapy, Allergy & Immunology, Developmental Health, Pain Management, Chiropractic and Optometry.
As a National Committee for Quality Assurance "Level III- Patient Centered Medical Home," Riverside is able to provide patient-focused precision medical care to the entire family and is committed to providing patients with the highest quality medical care.
In addition to providing the highest quality of care, Riverside offers its patients the best hours of operation of any private practice in the country. Patients have around-the-clock access to a health-care team and have the benefit of same day and walk in appointments. As an advocate for prenatal health and education, Riverside offers prenatal classes every weekend free of charge. Riverside believes in giving back to their community and the patients they serve through health fairs, charitable giving/foundation, and free medical education.
- Medical degree - M.D., D.O.
- Completion of an accredited pulmonary medicine fellowship program
- Unrestricted Licensure in the state of New Jersey
- Board Certification in area of specialty
- Active DEA License
- Active CDS License
- Board certification is sleep medicine preferred, but not required
The OptumCare Story:
At OptumCare, we've found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving over 14 million people through more than 38,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more about our journey at www.workatoptum.com.
Would you thrive with OptumCare?
Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
Are you a team player - comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
Do you want to be part of something better?
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare's support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Back to top