Psychiatrist - Lakewood, CO
- Denver, CO
New West Physicians
As a part of the OptumCare network, New West Physicians is looking for an experienced
Board Certified Licensed Psychiatrist
New West Physicians, a premier medical group in Denver, has multiple out-patient Family Medicine and Internal Medicine offices in the Denver Metro area.
Our goal as an organization is to transform healthcare nationally, while providing Physician-led care locally. Our distinctive culture and set of capabilities enable independent physicians to succeed in value-based models of care and fulfill the Quadruple Aim of high-quality, high-value services and outstanding patient and provider experience. Optum strives to be the partner of choice for patients, physicians, employers, health systems and health plans.
- Perform psychiatric evaluations for adult patients referred by their primary care provider
- Assess, diagnose, treat, and prescribe medications as needed for adult primary care patients for behavioral health and psychological disorders
- Provide direct clinical services to patients in the form of psychosocial assessments, individual, family, and group treatment. Collaborates as a member of multi-disciplinary integrated team for the development and delivery of treatment plans
- Provide direct clinical care to patients including crisis intervention, time limited individual therapy, family sessions and the prescriptions and monitoring of medication toward the safe and rapid stabilization, including hospitalization of indicated
- Provide evidence-based treatment interventions in episodes of care that generally last 1 week to four months, with a range of 1-10 visits per episode of care. Once patient is stabilized, patient will maintain ongoing care with their Primary Care Provider (PCP), knowing they can return to Behavioral Health (BH) provider for another assessment/episode of care as needed
- Collaborate with and support primary care providers on the ongoing care of patients with mild to moderate behavioral health conditions who can safely and effectively be managed by the PCP/Advanced Practitioner (AP)
- Collaborate and communicate with primary care providers for the care of patients with moderate to complex behavioral health conditions. Accept warm handoffs to transition the patient into BH episode of care until stabilized
- Support primary care providers in their ongoing care of patients with mild to moderate psychiatric disorders
- Collaborate as a member of a multi-disciplinary team in the development and implemental of comprehensive, medical/psychiatric/substance abuse treatment plans
- Provide crisis intervention and stabilization for patients presenting or calling to their primary care office at risk or in need of immediate care
- Address gaps in access to community BH services by providing interim, back-up or transitional care and patient follow-up (by telephone or in person) with suicidal, high need or high-risk patients to monitor and manage risk and safety until they are able to connect with appropriate treatment resource/ provider
- Provide interventions with patients regarding health behavior change and adherence to medical plans
- Work closely with case management to ensure follow up with patients (by telephone or in person) to determine what variables (e.g. social determinants of health, etc.) may be affecting patient's ability to attend appointments and/or comply with treatment
- Facilitate appropriate patient referrals for chronic substance abuse, chronic mental health services, complex care management and other appropriate community resources
As an Employer of choice, we offer a full comprehensive range of benefits and attractive compensation package:
- Guaranteed Base and bonus potential
- Med/Den/Vis, STD, LTD, 401k with match
- Professional Liability
- PTO accrual
- CME Reimbursement
- Stock Purchase Option/Executive Savings Plan
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Active, unrestricted Physician Medical License to practice in the state of Colorado
- Board Certification in Psychiatry
- Prescribing authority or ability to obtain prior to employment
- DEA license or ability to obtain prior to employment
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in Behavioral Health working with adults and seniors
The New West Physician Story:
New West Physicians is a highly qualified group of board-certified Family Medicine and Internal Medicine Physicians, Hospitalists, Cardiologist, Endocrinologist, Gastroenterologist, Neurologist, Physician Assistants, and Nurse Practitioners who specialize in providing excellent care to patients. Since our inception in 1994, New West Physicians has grown to become one of the largest primary care group practices in the Denver Metro area.
Our mission at New West Physicians is "to enhance the physical, mental and spiritual health of communities we serve through an integrated, primary-care owned and patient centered healthcare delivery system". Through that mission and our vision of providing excellent service, every patient, every time has propelled New West Physicians to the top of many national awards. In 2015 New West Physicians was named AMGA's Acclaim Award recipient, a recognition bestowed annually on a medical provider that is deemed a premier role model for other healthcare delivery organizations nationwide. New West Physicians is the only medical practice in the nation with fewer than 150 doctors to receive this special honor.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Back to top