Project Manager - Medical Management - San Antonio, Texas
- San Antonio, TX
Here's the thing about challenges. They provide limitless opportunities for greatness. And what we have in mind for you is definitely big. At UnitedHealth Group, we're changing the future of health care and we have the expertise, advanced technology and global resources to make it happen. As a Senior Business Analyst, you'll work with the brightest minds in the business and find yourself digging deep to find the solutions to help people live healthier lives. You'll be responsible for analyzing, reviewing and forecasting data for operational and business planning to impact the health care system. What could be more satisfying than that? Join us!
Responsible for managing, implementing and executing on key projects and reporting requirements that span the organization. The position provides support through representation of senior leadership interests in both internal and external initiatives, and in some cases is an active team member on broader WellMed strategy initiatives.
This position requires a unique skill set that includes leading cross - functional leaders on complex projects, collaborating vertically and horizontally throughout internal and external organizations, understanding workflow, and creating a collaborative environment to work effectively throughout the organization to ensure alignment of strategy and approach.
Accountable for supervising the project plan and operational collaboration during implementation of new processes. Coordinates with program developers, training teams, business owners, and other stakeholders to ensure all goals and objectives are met. Transitions tasks and processes to operational teams upon completion of implementation. Collects, analyzes, and reports relevant data to clinical staff, providers, corporate partners, senior leadership and other associates
Provides Project Management expertise in project planning, execution, and monitoring. Oversees and manages the operational aspects of assigned projects and maintains a project management framework that enables a project core team to successfully execute projects. Maintains and analyzes project schedule and prepares regular status reports for management and key stakeholders. Tracks project risks, opportunities and issues in order to develop resolutions to meet quality and timeline goals and objectives.
- Manage full project life cycle including creation, design, specification, development, implementation, and overall change management
- Identify and analyze trends, strategies and tactics to increase the productivity of the medical management teams to drive positive performance on organizational key performance metrics and improve the customer experience
- Identify opportunities for improved scalability of the organization, including opportunities for increased productivity and reduced costs (e.g. streamlined processes, new roles, workload shift)
- Communicates and provides reports to key stakeholders to ensure projects are aligned with the goals and objectives of the business
- Identify, develop, and present recommendations; implement approved solutions
- Manages SharePoint sites created to support key medical group initiatives as well as audit, compile, and analyze data to create reports for Steering Committees
- Coordinates meetings; prepares draft agendas for review with VP, Specialized Clinical Programs or delegate; issues agendas with appropriate backup materials; takes minutes, and provides follow - up correspondence
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Health Care Administration, Business Administration or a related field required. (4 additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a Bachelor's degree)
- 3 years of experience in full life cycle project management experience including project ROI assessment, project team management and change control management, or healthcare operations experience
- Possession of strong analytical / statistical skills used in evaluating and analyzing data
- Advanced PC skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, Outlook, Share Point, and Business Maps)
- Ability to interact one - on - one and consult with all levels of leadership
- Experience with process mapping methodology and creating process maps
- Masters in Health Administration, Finance, Public Health or Business Administration
- PMP or CAPM certification
- 2+ years of Healthcare or clinic operations experience
UnitedHealth Group is a Fortune 6 company that offers a broad spectrum of products and services dedicated to helping people live healthier lives and making health care work better for everyone. Be part of the team. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare's support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Project Manager, Medical Management, San Antonio, Texas, TX, WellMed
Back to top