Project Coordinator - Practice Support Unit - Tampa, FL
- Tampa, FL
If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Project Coordinator for the Practice Support Unit will be responsible for managing a variety of projects and deliverables related to Quality (HEDIS/STAR) and Risk Adjustment and other projects as assigned by the Practice Support Unit and the Market. The position will provide a wide variety of support functions to the Practice Support Unit and the Market and other areas as assigned to ensure enterprise and market operational Quality and Risk Adjustment goals are met consistently.
- Assists the Practice Support Unit and other related department team members in the implementation of programs or projects, including planning, developing, implementing and evaluating programs and projects, coordinating project activities, collaborating with project team members, and monitoring progress toward achievement for Practice Support Unit and other projects as assigned
- Participates in active project work groups committees, and provides recommendations to achieve goals. Facilitates meetings as necessary, contributes to planning and decision making, coordinates project resources and collaborates with project stakeholders to collect and disseminate project information
- Monitors deliverables and facilitates communication and timely follow up with team members and other appropriate parties
- Manages multiple projects at one time with successful outcomes
- Secures support on initiatives among team resources, establish deadlines for projects and makes sure output is on-target, on-strategy and on-time
- Responsible for presentation preparation, report production, and/or database management. Utilizes Microsoft Office products including, but not limited to, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Visio
- Ensures accuracy of all deliverables including presentations, contracts, and spreadsheets, requiring interface with Finance or Compliance/Legal as necessary
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Associate's Degree in business, customer service or healthcare related field
- (Two additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of the degree)
- 4+ years of project coordination/management experience
- 2+ years of experience with tracking, planning projects, working with large data sets and making data-driven analytical decisions
- Intermediate-Advanced level of proficiency with MS Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Bachelor's Degree in business, customer service or healthcare related field
- Familiarity with HEDIS and STAR measures
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects with tight deadlines while paying close attention to the details of all the deliverables
- Articulate and able to communicate with peers internal and external to the organization
- Accountable for all work with minimal oversight
- Keen judgment and collaborative problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, high energy and enthusiasm, with ability to thrive in a collaborative, high performance and action-oriented team environment
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive data with discretion
- Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple priorities
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 380,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare's support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job Keywords: Project Coordinator, Optum, Tampa, FL, Florida, Quality, HEDIS, Stars, Practice Support Unit, UHG
Back to top