Program Administrator Supportive and Palliative Care Austin TX
- Austin, TX
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Clinic Administrator provides leadership, direction and administration of operations to ensure accomplishment of clinic and organizational objectives. The Clinic Administrator also directs, supervises and coordinates the overall operation of the clinic and staff.
- Directs, supervises, coordinates specific functions and activities of clinic, including systems, policies and procedures, human resources, support services, etc. required
- Assists the Medical Director in the development and marketing of new services and referral sources
- Facilitates the employment, development and management of employees
- Promotes the provision of cost-effective, high-quality health care services to patients
- Cooperates with medical and administrative staff to ensure compliance with standards and regulations
- Reviews operational problems/policies and recommends solutions and change to Medical Director
- Collaborates with Medical Director in the preparation and implementation of quarterly budgets. Recommends funding based on knowledge of policies, costs, and operating practices
- Represents clinic at public and professional meetings and conferences
- Participates in clinic communication and public relations programs
- Maintains professional affiliations and enhances professional development to keep pace with the trends in health care administration
- Performs other related duties which may be inclusive, but not listed in position job description
Please note : This is a Palliative Care Clinic Administrator position. The Clinic Administrator will have a team of office based and field based staff. The position is office based, located in Austin, TX.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, Nursing or related field required. (4 additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor's degree)
- 3+ years of healthcare administration experience required
- 1+ years of supervisory experience
- Computer literacy required
- Knowledge of health care administration, clinic philosophy and policies and operating procedures required
- Knowledge of fiscal management systems required
- Knowledge of human resource management practices including supervision and staff development required
- Knowledge of governmental regulations and reimbursement standards required
- Knowledge of computer programs and applications required
- Skill in exercising initiative, judgment, problem solving, decision making required
- Skill in developing and maintaining effective relationship with staff, Senior Management, patients, vendors, payers, public required.
- Skill in organizing work to achieve clinic goals and objectives required.
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex data required
- Ability to research and prepare comprehensive reports required
- Ability to monitor compliance standards required
- Supervisory experience within a clinic setting
- Current unrestricted Vocational Nurse license for applicable state of employment
- Professional healthcare license or certification
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 90,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: administrator, office manager, clinic manager, supervisor, manager, LVN, provider office manager, practice manager, office administrator, palliative care, hospice, WellMed, UnitedHealth Group, UHG, UnitedHealthcare, UHC, Austin , TX, Texas
Back to top