PRN Home Infusion Nurse RN Southeast Orlando FL Orlando International Airport
- Orlando, FL
There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Nursing here isn't for everybody - only those who want to positively impact the health of patients in their own environment. Ready for a new path? Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
UnitedHealth Group is seeking talented individuals for our Home InfusionPer Diem RN opportunities. We are delivering specialized infusion therapy services in patient homes and ambulatory infusion suites. Our elite team of Infusion Nurses is growing and we want YOU to join this dynamic and exciting group. Enjoy a flexible PRN opportunity while providing compassionate and highly skilled care to patients.
- Competitive compensation
- Mileage reimbursement
- One-to-one patient care and teaching
- The satisfaction that comes with knowing your care allows a patient to heal at home!
The Home Infusion Per Diem RN fills an integral role in the clinical operations of the organization, working collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team to ensure infusion therapy can be safely and effectively administered to each home- based patient.
Per diem RNs will be asked to provide schedule availability on a regular basis, and expected to work those days indicated as available unless otherwise called off duty.
Must be able to work up to 15 hours per week. This position will cover the SE Orlando / Orlando Airport area and cover Belle Isle, Lake Nona, Moss Park, Lee Vista, and Pine Castle areas in Orlando, FL. On-call requirements: 1 weeknight per month and 1 weekend every 3 months. Flexible schedule where work can be any day of the week / weeknight / weekend.
- Travel to provide skilled nursing care for infusion patients in their home or an ambulatory infusion suite
- Teach patients and their care givers to achieve the highest level of independence possible in self-care and monitoring of their infusion therapy
- Assess the patients' condition and response to therapy, taking action as needed to facilitate achievement of treatment goals
- Collaborate with physicians and pharmacists on the patient plan of care and treatment, communicating status changes and implementing new orders as received
- Establish trust and build therapeutically effective relationships with patients and their families
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Active and unrestricted licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state(s) of practice and others as requested
- 1+ years of experience working as an RN in a clinical care setting that contributes to proficiency in infusion therapy (such as medical surgical unit, emergency department, intensive care unit, post - anesthesia care unit, or similar setting)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Willing and able to work independently in home or alternate-site settings
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable travel to customer and/or patient sites
- Experience administering infusion therapy in a home or alternate-site setting
- Knowledge of the Infusion Nursing Society (INS) standards of practice, policies, and procedures
- Knowledgeable of HIPAA patient privacy and data security requirements, OSHA employee protection regulations, and The Joint Commission's accreditation standards for home health and home infusion pharmacy (or other relevant accrediting organizations)
If the hired individual resides in Florida (office based or telecommuting) this position requires the AHCA Level II background check (fingerprinting) by the State of Florida for all clinicians that have direct face to face contact with members OR employees who will have access to confidential patient data and will require renewal every five years.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: FL, Florida, Orange County, FL, RN, Registered Nurse, CRNI, Home Infusion, Home Therapy, IVIG, INS, CRNI, IV Therapy, PRN, Per Diem, Orlando, Orlando Airport, Belle Isle, Lake Nona, Moss Park, Lee Vista, Pine Castle, UnitedHealth Group, Optum, UHG
Back to top