Principal Software Engineer (Core Platform)
- Cerritos, CA
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
The Core Platform offers seamless backend integration capabilities across Rally helping users connect with the services they need to maintain and improve their health and make the best decisions. It enables employers by supporting their entire population's benefits and programs. The solutions include health data and device data management capabilities.
We are looking for a Principal Engineer who will work with the Core Solution Engineering teams.
At Rally Health we are an engineering-driven company, where our technology is modern and agile. We host our microservices-based distributed systems in AWS. Automated processes maintain our quality at the highest level. Some essential technologies used are: Angular, React, Scala, Play, Akka, Kafka, Spark, HDFS, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Docker, Mesos, Kubernetes, Marathon, Jenkins, RabbitMQ and Rules Engine.
- Architect, build, and ship scalable systems, libraries, and frameworks
- Promote overall technical vision and architecture
- Research areas of investment in strategic projects that maintain competitive advantage
- Lead evaluation of new technologies
- Mentor engineers and keep the engineering bar high
- Write production quality code 40% - 50% of the time
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical role or equivalent experience
- 10+ years industry experience building and running large-scale systems in production
- Expert level domain knowledge
- Command of Scala, or command of Java with an interest in learning Scala
- Experience with modern JS libraries and frameworks like Angular and React
- Experience with distributed systems and application design in a SOA environment
- Knowledge of high-scale performance and optimization tools and techniques
- Knowledge of database concepts (both NoSQL and RDBMS)
- Strong knowledge of computing concepts including API design, creating, fault tolerance, highly available and scalable distributed systems, multithreaded programming, performance tuning, and security
Why join Rally?
Rally Health ™ is about putting health in the hands of the individual. It's our mission, and it drives everything we do! With our easy-to-use online and mobile tools, we empower people and help them take charge of their health and health care. Improving their diet and fitness to selecting health benefits and choosing the right doctor at the right price for their needs.
Resources to help you excel in our creative work atmosphere:
- Great compensation package
- Daily onsite catered lunches
- Comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision coverage, and 401(k)
- Paid leave for new parents
- Wellness programs, including physical and mental health services
- Flexible paid time off for full-time employees
Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application or review process should notify Talent Acquisition (firstname.lastname@example.org).
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Back to top