Principal I O Engineer - Raleigh, NC
- Raleigh, NC
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work.(sm)
The Principal I O Engineer will be responsible for supporting the design, build and operations of OptumCare's multi-tenant regional datacenter. Specifically, they will also be responsible for managing private and public cloud workloads across OptumCare's multiple Care Delivery Organizations.
Positions in this function design, engineer, and manage the organization's infrastructure and operational platforms. From a cloud services model, this includes services commonly thought of as IaaS and PaaS and their underlying foundational components. Additionally, this function also has responsibility for traditional enterprise infrastructure and operational platforms.
- Understanding of functional and non-functional requirements to ensure they can be achieved through system design and engineering to meet the needs of the customers.
- Work closely with business and technology stakeholders to develop roadmaps for their respective technology portfolios, resolve cross-system and domain dependencies, ensure effective integration among the services offered to the end customer, and efficient usage of infrastructure and operational platforms.
- Monitor technological advancements and industry trends to influence company standards and ensure that solutions are continuously improved and maintained through product management practices, including recommendations to invest in a solution or retirement of redundant or out-of-date systems.
- Understand the interactions between systems, the applications and services hosted, and evaluate the impact of changes and additions.
- Perform analysis on existing systems to ensure performance and reliability, enhance scalability, meet security requirements, and interoperable and maintainable technology portfolio.
- Reviews the work of others.
- Develops innovative approaches.
- Sought out as an expert.
- Serves as a leader/ mentor.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- Expert level experience in deploying vSphere infrastructure on software-defined underlay fabric based on Cisco ACI.
- Hands-on knowledge of Server, Storage, Network and Network Security architectures
- Ability to write scripts in PowerShell, PowerCLI and Python
- Architecture-knowledge of Infrastructure-as-a-Service components like Server, Storage, Network, Network Security and IaaS-Management Tools.
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Back to top