Primary Care Physician-Westwego-LA
The Primary Care Physician (PCP) is a licensed/Board Certified/Board Eligible trained professional in internal or family medicine who plays a key role as part of the clinical operations team providing direct patient care and providing assessments primarily in the ambulatory health care center setting or elsewhere as deemed necessary. It also includes the participation in clinical rounds and conferences plus in-depth documentation through written progress notes and summaries.
The PCP will be required to demonstrate the ability to function both independently and in collaboration with other health care professionals. The PCP will consult with the applicable managers and medical directors to ensure compliance with guidelines along with participating in risk and quality management programs, clinical meetings and other meetings as required. The PCP will adhere to strict departmental goals/objectives, standards of performance, regulatory compliance, quality patient care compliance, and policies and procedures.
- Assisting in the development of the plan of care in addition to providing appropriate patient/ family/significant other counseling and education
- Ordering and interpreting appropriate laboratory and diagnostic studies
- Ordering of appropriate medication and treatments
- Referring patients for consultation when indicated i.e. dermatology, neurology, ophthalmology, endocrine, surgery, intensive care, infectious disease, hematology, psychiatry, social service, dietary, etc.
- Documentation through in-depth progress notes and summaries
- Participates in patient care rounds and conferences
- Communicates patient management strategies to members of the patient care team
- Collaborates with members of the multidisciplinary team to ensure that patient management strategies are successful in meeting patient care needs
- Recognizes situations which require the immediate attention and initiates life-saving procedures when necessary
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current medical licensure in Louisiana
- Certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support
- Board certification in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine or Geriatrics- required to successfully achieve Board certification within 2 years.
- Must have a current state CDS and DEA number for schedule II-V controlled substances
- 1+ year clinical experience in geriatric, adult or family practice setting.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement.
The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Primary Care Plus, Gretna Clinic, Primary Care Physician, LA, Louisiana, Weftwego
Back to top