Primary Care Physician | Family Medicine - American Health Network - Lafayette, IN
- Lafayette, IN
American Health Network, OptumCare partner, is a physician led organization where physicians are appreciated and are leaders at their local clinics. AHNhas more than 70 clinics in Indiana and Ohio - and employs over 1600 individuals. Physicians enjoy autonomy and have very high job satisfaction. Our culture is to enjoy our families and have hobbies because we believe in having good quality of life.
30K Sign on Bonus & Up to 100K Loan Repayment Options Available for External Candidates
- Examines, diagnoses and treats patients for acute injuries, infections, and illnesses
- Counsels and educates patients and families about acute and chronic conditions or concerns
- Documents items such as: appropriate chief complaint, past medical, family, and social history, review of systems, examinations, medications, allergies, assessment and plan
- Ability and willingness to provide appropriate education and consultation with other clinical team members
- Formulates diagnostic and treatment plans
- Prescribes and administers medications, therapies, and procedures
- Orders lab and imaging tests to determine and manage an ongoing treatment plan and provides advice on follow up
- Demonstrate competency in office based procedures within scope of practice
- Completes all documentation and paperwork in a timely manner
- Maintains quality of care standards as defined by the practice
- Participates in multi-disciplinary care planning and management of high risk patients
- Ability to work within a collaborative clinical environment supported by other Physicians
- Participate in ongoing education
- Maintain awareness and comply with relevant organizational policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements (e.g. HIPAA, Medicare Fraud Waste & Abuse)
- MD/DO License
- Board Certification or within one year
- Indiana License
- Be able to work in the U.S.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Family Medicine Physician, Outpatient only, Lafayette, IN, Indiana
Back to top