Physician, Team Lead OB/GYN - Las Vegas, NV
- Las Vegas, NV
For over forty years, we've dedicated ourselves to keeping our community healthy through forward-thinking services and patient-centered care.
Now, Southwest Medical Associates, part of OptumCare®, is pleased to offer you a chance for a rewarding health care career.
Southwest Medical was founded in Las Vegas in 1972 and is Nevada's largest multispecialty medical group with over 370 local health care providers in over 30 health care centers, including seven convenient care centers, six urgent care centers, two outpatient surgery centers and two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, plus access to a network of 630 providers throughout southern Nevada.
The Ob/Gyn Physician Team Lead (PTL) is a member of the department leadership team who provides leadership and direction to the physicians, Advance Practice Clinicians and staff (team members) while working closely with the clinic administrator and Senior Medical Director. The PTL is responsible for execution on the departmental X Matrix and Project charters. The PTL continues to have clinical responsibilities in addition to their administrative role.
- Provides diagnosis, treatment, therapy and management of patient's according to current standards of care utilizing best practices recommendation
- Reviews and analyzes monthly KPI glide paths and implements necessary improvements to ensure the goals are being achieved
- Implements organization specific initiatives including ACE, STAR and HEIDIS to ensure the processes and procedures are in line with the approved business model
- Ensures quality indicators are being met and continuously improved by participating in PI/QM programs. Outlines objectives for team members to ensure quality indicators are defined and understood in order to be achieved
- Supervises team members including coordination of paid time off, on call schedule, meeting attendance and management of provider and staff issues to include coaching and mentoring. Partners with Operations leadership to ensure the success of the team within the division
- Ensures team members are in compliance with SMA policies and procedures and serves as the liaison between Human Capital for SMA policy interpretation
- Performs annual evaluations and participated in developing MAP and developmental goals for the team members as well as participates in leadership readiness and job expansion activities of assigned team members
- Participates in various committees as assigned and disseminates information timely to all team members
- Assists in team member recruiting and retention efforts by identifying clinic needs and developing a succession plan for team
- Utilizes evidence-based care processes for cost effective and efficient use of lab, radiology and extended service providers including specialists other ancillary services
- Accountable for team's customer satisfaction scores, reviews and action plans
- Develops and promotes organization's culture in team members
- Performs all other duties as assigned
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- M.D. or D.O. degree
- Must have completed appropriate residency/fellowship training in his/her specialty
- Must be board certified (ABMS or ABOS) in his/her specialty
- Medical license in Nevada or ability to obtain prior to start of employment
- DEA license or ability to obtain
- Must have previous leadership experience or have exhibited appropriate leadership potential.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Physician, Team Lead, Lead Physician, SMA, Southwest Medical, M.D., D.O., OB/GYN, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Las Vegas, NV, Nevada
Back to top