OptumCare Lung and Allergy Care is now part of the Optum division under the greater UnitedHealth Group umbrella.
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work. (sm)
OptumCare Lung and Allergy Care has an exciting practice opportunity for a board-certified or board-eligible Pulmonologist at one of our Las Vegas, Nevada clinics. This is an employed practice position.
- Provide care that is compassionate, appropriate, and effective for the treatment of pulmonary related health problems
- Compliance with all coding and documentation requirements
- Practice evidence-based medicine
- See patients primarily in outpatient setting with some inpatient responsibilities. Limited inpatient responsibilities will include consultation and follow-up of clinic patients. No ICU exposure is anticipated
- Outpatient practice involves managing patients with the usual respiratory diseases and sleep disorders
- PFT's will be performed in the outpatient clinic utilizing three respiratory therapists under the supervision of Pulmonologist
- Providing night and weekend coverage is equally distributed amongst all providers will depend on the number of physicians in the Pulmonary Department
- Developing protocols for the management of Pulmonary Diseases
- Working alongside two board certified Allergists within the practice
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Board certified/Board eligible M.D. or D.O. in Specialty
- Active and unrestricted medical license in the State of Nevada or ability to obtain prior to employment
- DEA License or ability to obtain
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role.
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and localmasking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- Sleep medicine certification preferred but is not required
- Scientific knowledge, scientific method of problem solving, evidence-based decision making, understands and treats diseases of the pulmonary system
We offer patient care that is compassionate, appropriate and effective for the treatment of health problems and the promotion of health. Our employees work with professionalism, as manifested through a commitment to carrying out professional responsibilities, adherence to ethical principles, and sensitivity to a diverse patient population.
We run a systems-based practice, as manifested by actions that demonstrate an awareness of and responsiveness to the larger context and system of health care and the ability to effectively call on system resources to provide care that is of optimal value.
We offer an attractive compensation package, sign on bonus, quarterly bonus plan, and comprehensive fringe benefits package; including medical, dental, and life insurance, STD/LTD, professional liability malpractice insurance, matching 401K, twenty days paid vacation, 5 days paid CME with $4500 allowance. Differential for supervision of extenders.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Nevada residents is $302,600 to $485,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Pulmonologist, Pulmonary Disease, Pulmonary Disease Physician, Sleep Medicine, Las Vegas, Nevada, NV, NVPN2021