Physician, Neurology - 20K Sign On Bonus for External Candidates - Las Vegas, NV
- Las Vegas, NV
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work.(sm)
Southwest Medical, part of OptumCare is a multi-specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, plus E-visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. Southwest Medical, part of OptumCare offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. Southwest Medical, part of OptumCare is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
Southwest Medical, part of OptumCare is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
Southwest Medical, part of OptumCare has an exciting practice opportunity for a board-certified or board-eligible Neurologist in Las Vegas, Nevada. This is an employed practice position.
In this role, you will provide Neurology patient care that is compassionate, appropriate and effective for the treatment of health problems and the promotion of health.
- Provide evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of neurological disorders of the central and peripheral nervous system, including strokes, dementia, seizures, and Parkinson's disease.
- Work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team to create individualized treatment plans for patients
- Clinical care of Neurology patients
We offer patient care that is compassionate, appropriate and effective for the treatment of health problems and the promotion of health. Our employees work with professionalism, as manifested through a commitment to carrying out professional responsibilities, adherence to ethical principles, and sensitivity to a diverse patient population.
We run a systems-based practice, as manifested by actions that demonstrate an awareness of and responsiveness to the larger context and system of health care and the ability to effectively call on system resources to provide care that is of optimal value.
We offer an attractive base salary, sign on bonus, bonus plan, and comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and life insurance, STD/LTD, professional liability, matching 401K, relocation costs, paid vacation, CME with $4500 allowance, and eight paid holidays. Differential for supervision of extenders.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Board certified or board eligible in Neurology
- Active and unrestricted Medical license in the State of Nevada or ability to obtain
- Must have completed residency/fellowship program or in the process of completing prior to employment.
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
PLEASE NOTE The Sign On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Neurologist, Neurology, Physician, Las Vegas, Nevada
Back to top