Physician - Dermatology - San Antonio, TX
As part of the multi-disciplinary team, the Dermatologist will provide medical diagnostic and therapeutic care and service, referring consultations for specialty care, and education and preventive care advice to all patients served. The performance will be tracked and comparatively reported using metrics related to the strategic direction and operational needs of the organization.
- Assesses patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories
- Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests, such as x-rays and laboratory studies; interpreting test results
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records
- Performs therapeutic procedures by administering injections and immunizations; suturing; managing wounds and infections
- Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens; giving normal growth and development information; discussing family planning; providing counseling on emotional problems of daily living; promoting wellness and health maintenance
- Obtains medical histories and performs physical examinations
- Diagnoses and treats acute health problems such as infections and injuries
- Diagnoses and treats, and monitors chronic diseases
- Orders, performs, and interprets diagnostic studies such as lab work and x-rays
- Prescribes medications, administers injections, and other treatments as directed by the physician
- Interviews and advises patients regarding health and illness prevention
- Recommends community resources to meet patient and family needs
- Maintains and reviews patient records, charts, and other pertinent information
- Posttest and examination results
- Triages patient telephone calls and provides consultation
- Manages medical and surgical emergencies
- Attends required meetings and participates in team activities and professional development activities
- Performs any other job-related duties as assigned
- Medical Degree from accredited university
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 240,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Dermatologist, dermatology, TX, Texas
Meet Some of UnitedHealth Group's Employees
Jessica D.Compassion Manager
Jessica studies how compassion fits into health care and trains employees on ways to treat UnitedHealth Group members with empathy and understanding.
Back to top