Pharmacy Technician - Woodinville, Bothell, Everett, Monroe, Duval, Redmond, WA
- Woodinville, WA
The more you do, the more you learn. And as you learn you find new doors opening that challenge you to bring your best. Here at OptumRX, we've earned the trust of more than 64 million people who rely on us for the prescription drugs that improve their health and lifestyles. When you join us, you'll be part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies where you'll have some of the best training and tools in the world.
As a Pharmacy Technician, you'll be responsible for retrieving medication from stock, counting and packaging orders for pharmacist review, maintaining work stations with adequate supplies, removing outdated products from shelves, assisting with inventory replenishment, and maintaining par levels of pre-packaged auxiliary items. Occasionally you may be asked to reach out to patients for customer service calls as well as making inquiries on orders shipped.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work our 8 hour shift schedule during our normal business hours of (8:00am - 5:30pm). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends.
Primary Responsibilities :
- Process and fill prescription orders in preparation for pharmacist verification
- Some packing and shipping of completed prescription orders to patients
- Maintain drug inventory and automated dispensing units
- Replenish work station supplies for filling prescriptions as needed (includes vials, caps, labels, etc.
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You'll need to work within multiple computer systems simultaneously as you respond to questions or provide specific medication details / clinical information. It's a fast paced, high volume environment where our members are counting on us to deliver these important, sometimes life-saving medications in an accurate and efficient manner.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- Current State of Washington Pharmacy Technician License (PhT)
- Experience navigating through Microsoft Excel
- Pharmacy / prescription data entry experience
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification
- Previous experience working in a mail order setting
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong teamwork and cooperation skills
- Competent in basic mathematical equations with different forms of measurements, whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Proficient computer and organizational skills with the ability to focus on workload and achievement of both production and quality objectives
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to stand for up to 8 hours with intermittent breaks
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together - competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- Mor e information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Insurance, customer service, customer service representative, claims, appeals, call center, phone support, dispute resolution, healthcare, UnitedHealthcare, UnitedHealth Group, Oputm, OptumRX, pharmacy, pharmacy technician, prescription, RX, Pharm Tech, Licensed Pharm Tech, Pharmacy Clerk, Pharm Clerk, Seattle
Back to top