Pharmacy Technician - Phoenix, AZ
- Phoenix, AZ
The more you do, the more you learn. And as you learn you find new doors opening that challenge you to bring your best. Here at OptumRX, we've earned the trust of more than 64 million people who rely on us for the prescription drugs that improve their health and lifestyles. When you join us, you'll be part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies where you'll have some of the best training and tools in the world.
As a Pharmacy Technician, you'll be responsible for answering incoming calls and completing outbound calls to/from patients, physicians and pharmacists while ensuring a high level of customer service and maximized productivity. Along the way, you'll discover the training, support and career opportunities you'd expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
Positions in this function perform various duties related to the fulfillment of prescription orders. Dispense any or all of the following: unit doses, specialty pharmaceuticals, injectables, IV, enterals, and related supplies following state and federal regulations and company policies and procedures. May compound medications using appropriate components, supplies and sterile/ventilated environment. Process, pack and ship outgoing pharmacy orders, ensuring drug, related supplies and patient collateral (education materials) are included. May also perform drug/supply ordering and inventory/warehouse duties, including proper storage of drugs and supplies and appropriate refrigeration of perishable product, monitor and adjust/calibrate pharmacy equipment, fill dispensing units.
Working Schedule: This is a full time position with standard working hours of Monday to Friday 9:00 am - 5:30 pm with overtime as needed.
- Prep and scan documents, verify member/patient data, submit prescription orders in computer system
- Contact members/patients to validate data, resolve rejected claims, request payment information, establish priority of order or delivery details, consult on medication issues, and set up treatment in on-site facilities
- Interpret provider prescription and create order, access, input and retrieve prescription and medical/lab information from computer system, verifies whether order/drug is reimbursable/covered
- Enter prescriptions and verify appropriate and accurate information
- Contact patients, pharmacists and doctor's offices to resolve claims issues
- Process prescriptions (from intake to order completion)
- Resolve customer issues; ensuring accurate information is provided
- Moderate work experience within own function
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You'll need to work within multiple computer systems simultaneously as you respond to questions or provide specific medication details/clinical information. It's a fast paced, high volume environment where our members are counting on us to deliver these important, sometimes life-saving medications in an accurate and efficient manner.
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together - competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a HealthSaving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or GED (or higher)
- Pharmacy Technician License (OR the ability to obtain licensure within 30 days of employment) in the state of Arizona
- Proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel)
- 6+ months of Pharmacy/prescription data entry experience (filling or dispensing desired)
- Must have the ability to stand for up to 8 hours at a time and lift boxes up to 25lbs in weight
OptumRx is an empowering place for people with the flexibility to help create change. Innovation is part of the job description. And passion for improving the lives of our customers is a motivating factor in everything we do.
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Pharmacy, Pharmacy Technician, Retail Pharmacy, UHG, OptumRx
Back to top