Pharmacy Technician - Mobile, AL
- Mobile, AL
As a Pharmacy Technician, you'll be responsible for answering incoming calls and completing outbound calls to/from patients, physicians and pharmacists while ensuring a high level of customer service and maximized productivity. You'll also be responsible for ordering, picking, compounding, pump management, managing inventories as well as numerous quality control processes to maintain 797/800. Along the way, you'll discover the training, support and career opportunities you'd expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
- Enter prescriptions and verify appropriate and accurate information
- Contact patients, pharmacists and doctor's offices to resolve claims issues
- Process prescriptions (from intake to order completion)
- Resolve customer issues; ensuring accurate information is provided
- Compound IV Medications in a clean room environment
- Use USP797 guidelines for sterile compounding
- Maintain clean room environment and daily / weekly / monthly cleaning of room and equipment according to SOPs
- Demonstrate the ability to understand variable compounding modalities and to work independently but understand the need to consult with the pharmacist if questions arise
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You'll need to work within multiple computer systems simultaneously as you respond to questions or provide specific medication details/clinical information. It's a fast paced, high volume environment where our members are counting on us to deliver these important, sometimes life-saving medications in an accurate and efficient manner.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Pharmacy Technician license in Alabama
- National Pharmacy Certification
- 1+ year compounding experience
- 3+ years pharmacy experience
Getting it right here with our pharmacy team is just the starting point for excellence, impact and purpose in your career. Join us and take everything to another level. Learn more about how you can start doing your life's best work.(sm)
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Back to top