Pharmacy Technician - Genoa Healthcare - Athens, TN
- Cleveland, TN
Opportunities with Genoa Healthcare. A career with Genoa Healthcare means you're part of a collaborative effort to serve behavioral health and addiction treatment communities. We do more than just provide medicine: we change lives for the better. People with serious mental or chronic illness - and those who care for them - have moving stories, and at Genoa we become their voice, their partner. Working as part of a coordinated care team, we partner with community-based providers and others to ensure that people with complex health conditions get the right medications and are able to follow their treatment plans. Our personalized services - in-clinic pharmacies, telepsychiatry and medication management - are leading the way to a new level of care.
We recently joined OptumRx, a pharmacy care services company that is part of Optum and UnitedHealth Group's family of businesses. We are part of a leading information and technology-enabled health services business dedicated to making the health system work better for everyone. Take a closer look to learn why a career with Genoa Healthcare might be the path to discovering your life's best work. SM
We seek a Pharmacy Technician/ Consumer Medication Coordinator. to support all functions of the Genoa mental health pharmacy, primarily through dispensing medical prescriptions, and performing necessary clerical duties while under the direct supervision of a registered pharmacist.
When performing the CMC duties, this person will go to: 520 Cook Street Suite I Madisonville, TN 37354.
Major Duties & Responsibilities of the Pharmacy Technician:
- Provide exceptional customer service to all patients and members of the clinic staff
- Under direct supervision of the registered pharmacist, fills prescription orders and makes them available for verification by the Pharmacist. Once verified by the pharmacist, dispenses the prescriptions.
- Order, receive and store incoming pharmacy supplies.
- Receive and process wholesaler medication orders.
- Verify medication stock and enter data in computer to maintain inventory records.
- Help maintain a clean organized work environment.
- Perform various clerical duties relating to the department.
- Work with the pharmacist to assist in the pharmacy functions and keeping the pharmacy in compliance with all federal and state requirements.
- Occasional medication delivery to consumers.
- Other Duties as assigned.
Major Duties and Responsibilities of the CMC:
- Communicate with all consumers of the mental health center regarding the medication services Genoa provides.
- Recruit and enroll consumers utilizing enrollment forms and copy the consumer's insurance card.
- Facilitate the collection of prescriptions to be faxed to the pharmacy for dispensing.
- Ensure all consumer insurance information is up to date in the Pharmacy system and is properly charged for the medications dispensed.
- Assist consumers in contacting the pharmacist regarding all their medication questions and ensure a prompt response to their questions.
- Assist clinic staff and pharmacy with prior authorizations and Patient Assistance programs as needed.
- Compliance monitoring by contacting the consumer at least monthly to ensure compliance and determine refill needs as applicable.
- Prescription refill management by utilizing the no refill report and contacting the appropriate prescriber to ensure timely refills are completed and dispensed to the consumer.
- May include Phlebotomy for consumers receiving Clozapine and other medications via Genoa schedule blood draws and sends samples to the appropriate lab as applicable.
- Medication delivery when needed and appropriate
- Check for expiration dates (both on consumer's medications as well as house account products/standing order meds)
- Ensure that medications are stored properly (refrigerated drugs are kept in the refrigerator, pen-tips are not stored on insulin pens, etc)
- Check for discrepancies (dose changes, discontinued medications, etc).
- Take back expired or discontinued medications for destruction (as long as they are clearly labeled by a pharmacy)
- Reliable transportation and valid driver's license is required
Educational or Skills Requirements:
- Must be a licensed Pharmacy Technician in the state of TN.
- Some Pharmacy Technician experience is required
- PTCB Certification is required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and telephone protocol. Duties require professional verbal and written communication skills.
Please go to the website to apply, do not contact the Pharmacy directly.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: pharmacy, technician, retail, customer service, PTCB, pharmaceutical
Back to top