Pharmacy Care Technician - Phoenix, AZ
- Phoenix, AZ
Join Us at Our Virtual Pharmacy Job Fair!
Thursday, October 22 nd from 11:00am - 3:00pm ET
Connect from your smartphone, tablet, or computer to chat with Recruiters and learn more about our open pharmacy career opportunities across the United States.
We strongly encourage you to apply in advance of the event if you are interested in this opening. Attendance at the event isn't required to be a candidate for potential employment.
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you'll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you're empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Pharmacy Care Technician, your contributions will extend beyond fulfilling prescriptions. You'll be responsible for order and data entry, third party adjudication, and scheduling payments and deliveries over the phone with patients. Along the way, you'll discover the training, support and career opportunities you'd expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
- Ensure patients are supported by setting up delivery and following escalations through to resolution
- Respond professionally and appropriately when handling difficult situations and ensure patient experience is exceptional
- Handle communication between operations and sales
- Work as a liaison with operations partners to advise of any patient or practice concerns and issues
- Identify and notify sales and provider when a patient is not responding
- Review medical case notes to determine on-going medication treatment plan and project future medication costs
- Review medication regimen for disease state for LTC facilities/hospice care/RN case managers/Medical Directors/clients and provide summaries and guidance on future medication plans. Advice may include alternate drug therapies, stopping a medication and/or lower cost alternative
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 6+ months of Call Center experience
- Unrestricted Arizona Pharmacy Technician License
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. Strong attention to detail and computer skills are required as you consult with members, patients, and providers to coordinate initial set up and on-going treatment plan for specialty drug patients, including DURs, co-pay assistance, ancillary products, and scheduling Pharmacist consults.
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
View our COVID-19 Resources Page at: https://info.uhg.com/ .
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: health care, healthcare, Managed Care, Pharmacy Technician, Optum, OptumRx, UnitedHealthcare, pharmacy, pharmacy technician license, Avella, UnitedHealth Group, retail pharmacy, Phoenix, Arizona, AZ
Back to top