Pharmacy Care Technician - Phoenix, AZ (18 Days of PTO!)
- Phoenix, AZ
Join Us at Our Pharmacy Technician & Pharmacy Clerk Virtual Career Fair!
Thursday May 14 th , 2020
12:00pm - 2:00pm MST
Connect from your smartphone, tablet, or computer to chat with Recruiters and learn more about our Pharmacy Technician and Pharmacy Clerk opportunities in Phoenix, AZ & Woodinville, WA!
We strongly encourage you to apply in advance of the event if you are interested in this opening. Attendance at the event isn't required to be a candidate for potential employment.
Energize your career with one of Healthcare's fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it's a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world's leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Challenge can often be its own reward. But why settle for just being challenged when you can also be nurtured, mentored and supported in building an impact and fast paced career? With UnitedHealth Group you can have all of the above, everyday. Here at OptumRX, a part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we've earned the trust of more than 64 million people who rely on us for the prescription drugs that improve their health and lifestyles. And here's where you come in.
As a Pharmacy Care Technician, you'll be responsible for answering incoming calls / completing outbound calls to / from Patients, Physicians and Pharmacists while ensuring a high level of customer service and maximizing productivity. Along the way, you'll discover the training, support and career opportunities you'd expect from a Fortune 5 leader.
- Process member prior authorizations through various computer systems ensuring the accuracy of all data and updating
- Navigate across multiple computer systems to respond to questions or to provide specific medication details / clinical information
- Receive incoming calls from members or providers; conduct outgoing calls as needed to provide follow - up or consultation such as prior authorization requirements, appeals, etc
- Apply benefit plan criteria in making decisions (approvals / denials) or recommendations; clarify and explain pharmaceutical benefits and procedures
- Educate members / guardians, providers, pharmacies) staff on procedures to avoid compliance risk
- Partner with others to gather additional information and / or to interpret clinical guidelines; act as a resource for others
- Monitoring of compliance for Prior Authorization and Appeals
- Processing and maintaining referrals from start to finish
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) or equivalent work experience
- 6+ months of healthcare industry experience (examples: pharmacy, health insurance, medical office, etc)
- Pharmacy Technician licensing and registration in Arizona
- Minimum of 2 years experience with Windows PC applications
- Available M - F for an 8 hours shift between 5 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Ability to travel between 10 - 25% of the time to visit client sites
- National Pharmacy Technician License
OptumRx is an empowering place for people with the flexibility to help create change. Innovation is part of the job description. And passion for improving the lives of our customers is a motivating factor in everything we do.
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: health care, healthcare, Managed Care, Pharmacy Technician, Optum, OptumRx, UnitedHealth care, UnitedHealth Group, pharmacy, retail pharmacy, pharmacy technician license
Back to top