Pharmacy Care Coordinator - Scottsdale, AZ
- Scottsdale, AZ
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you'll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you're empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Pharmacy Care Technician, you'll be responsible for direct communication with team members, patients and health care providers to ensure prompt processing and delivery of prescriptions . Along the way, you'll discover the training, support and career opportunities you'd expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
- Provide a complete continuum of quality care through close communication with members via phone interaction
- Support members with customer service, completing refill calls and connecting patients to appropriate resources
- Review insurance plans and patient profiles to obtain prior authorizations for patients with Autosomal Polycystic Kidney Disease
- Develop strong working relationships with patients and providers
- Confirm patients are enrolled in the appropriate REMS program
- Document Adverse drug events to manufacturers
- Field calls such as but not limited to: medication refills, prescription intake, insurance clarifications
- Work on obtaining necessary documentation for Appeals and /or prior authorization
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. Strong attention to detail and computer skills are required as you provide support to the pharmacy staff to ensure applicable program processes and operational responsibilities are met . It's a fast paced, high volume environment where accuracy is essential.
- High school education or equivalent experience
- 6+ moths of pharmacy experience in retail/mail order pharmacy
- Current, unrestricted pharmacy technician license in Arizona
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: health care, healthcare, Managed Care, Pharmacy Technician, Optum, OptumRx, UnitedHealthcare, pharmacy, pharmacy technician license, UnitedHealth Group, retail pharmacy, Scottsdale
Back to top