Pharmacy Care Coordinator - Sacramento, CA
- Sacramento, CA
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you'll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you're empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Patient Care Coordinator, you will perform various duties related to the creation/routing of pharmacy orders through receipt, review and verification of members'/patients' prescriptions. Along the way, you'll discover the training, support and career opportunities you'd expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
- Assist in preparing Prior Authorization/Appeal forms
- Prep and scan documents, verify member/patient data
- Receive inbound and make outbound calls to providers/insurances/patients
- Submit prescription orders in computer system
- Contact members/patients/providers to validate data
- Request payment information
- Establish priority of order or delivery details
- Interpret providers' prescriptions and creates order as permitted by state regulation
- Assess, input and retrieve prescription, medical/lab and reimbursement information from computer system
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school education or GED
- 1+ years of experience with Microsoft office (Excel, Outlook, and SharePoint)
- 2+ years of customer service experience
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: health care, healthcare, Managed Care, Optum, OptumRx, UnitedHealth care, UnitedHealth Group, pharmacy, retail pharmacy, pharmacy clerk, pharmacy care coordinator, prior authorization
Back to top