Per Diem (Friday only) X - Ray Technologist - Westerville, OH
Opportunities with American Health Network, OptumCare partner. When you join American Health Network (AHN), you become part of a team that strives to identify and retain the top healthcare professionals in the markets it serves. At American Health Network, we want to be the best health care organization we can be. Our mission is to improve the health of our patients. We're a physician-led organization, operating over 70 medical offices in Indiana and Ohio, with over 300 providers and 1200 employees. We're also an OptumCare partner, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, and backed by the resources of a global health care organization working to help people live healthier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone. That's an important differentiator as more people need our help simplifying the complexities of the American health care system. At the same time, the culture of AHN supports work-life flexibility for providers and places a high value on their physical, emotional, financial and other aspects of well-being.
Find out what it means to be part of an exceptional company that values its providers, its role in health care, and making a difference one patient at a time. Take a look at American Health Network and explore a new path to your life's best work. SM
The X-Ray Technician will be working within standard processes and procedures, this position requires the candidate to assist the physician with procedures and working within our electronic medical record system.
- Appropriately adapts assigned client assessment, treatment and/or care methods to accommodate the unique physical, psychosocial, cultural, and age specific and other developmental needs of each person served
- Perform a variety of quality radiology procedures using utilizing CR equipment
- Correctly formats images, prints films/CD, and sends to the PACS
- Process, log and track over-read reports and film/CD requests from outside providers
- Provide radiation protection to patients and staff, consistent with current Texas Department of Health standards and regulations.
- Maintain supplies, check equipment status daily and reports any problems that could change the workflow
- Maintain all equipment and paperwork in compliance with TDH standards and regulations as coordinated through the Radiation Safety Office
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
- Current, unencumbered, General X-Ray Technician license
- Graduate of an approved AMA Radiologic Technology program
- Current ARRT(R) certification
- Current BLS
- Associates degree in related field
- 1-2+ years of experience in the medical field
Proof of immunity to vaccine-preventable diseases is an employment requirement.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
Job Keywords: X-Ray, X-Ray Tech, Technician, X-Ray Technician, AHN, American Health Network, Westerville, Ohio, OH
Back to top