$$ Great Sign on Bonus for External Candidates $$*
This is a 10 hour per week commitment Per Assessment Nurse Practitioner role within House Calls covering Uvalde, County - Texas
We're fast becoming the nation's largest employer of Nurse Practitioners; offering a superior professional environment and incredible opportunities to make a difference in the lives of patients. This growth is not only a testament to our model's success but the efforts, care, and commitment of our Nurse Practitioners.
Serving millions of Medicare and Medicaid patients, Optum is the nation's largest health and wellness business and a vibrant, growing member of the UnitedHealth Group family. We're also the career home for Nurse Practitioners who bring compassion and passion, energy and focus to their work every day. This is your opportunity to join a group of professionals and clinicians who are working to improve health care for people over 50.
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work.(sm)
In this role, you will conduct in - home health assessments on enrolled Medicare Advantage members within a geographic area of responsibility. While the average visit is 45-60 minutes, the nature of the House Calls visit can vary and could include performing an annual health assessment, a post discharge visit, or visiting more complex members more than once per year.
Conduct in - home assessments on health plan members. The House Calls Assessment includes:
- Past medical history
- Review of symptoms
- Physical examination
- Medication review
- Depression screening
- Responsible for checking vitals, conducting a physical exam that includes monofilament test, urine dipstick, and foot exam (as appropriate)
- Identify diagnoses to be used in care management and active medical management in the furtherance of treatment
- Formulate a list of current and past medical conditions using clinical knowledge and judgment and the findings of your assessment
- Communicate findings in your assessment that will be used to inform the PCP of potential gaps in care
- Educate members on topics such as disease process, medication, and compliance
- Comply with all HIPAA regulations and maintain security of protected health information (PHI)
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Active un - encumbered license to practice nursing in the assigned state.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Nurse Practitioner Certification from either the ANCC / AANP
- 1+ year of clinical experience in highest level of education OR 3+ years of experience as a Registered Nurse
- Ability to obtain DEA licensure / Prescriptive Authority post - hire in states where applicable
- Ability to spend at least 1 hour with a member in their home, which may be in understaffed or remote areas, in the presence of pets, or members/family members that are tobacco users
- Ability to lift 30 pound bag in and out of car and up and down steps
- Ability to navigate stairs and a variety of dwelling conditions and configurations
- Ability to sit, stand and kneel as needed to perform physical assessment
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and/or patient sites within a designated area
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Experience in gerontology, cardiology, internal medicine, or endocrinology
- Home care or home visit experience
- Excellent administrative, organizational and verbal skills
- Follow established dress code
- Effective communication skills with seniors
- Computer literate and able navigate the internet
- Ability to work independently
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: NP, Nurse Practitioner, HouseCalls, home care, home visits, Uvalde County, Texas, TX