Patient Services Representative - North Arlington, NJ
- Kearny, NJ
Turn on the news on any night of the week and you're likely to hear about the changes that are sweeping through our health care system. It's dramatic. It's positive. And it's being led by companies like UnitedHealthcare, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. Now, you can take advantage of some of the best training and tools in the world to help serve our members by interfacing and solving issues with their health care providers. As part of our Provider Services group, the quality of support you deliver will directly translate into better care for their patients This is no small opportunity. This is where you can bring your compassion for others while building your career.
The Patient Care Representative performs a variety of secretarial and administrative duties to assist the Medical Provider with providing patients with the highest standards of medical care and a positive customer service experience.
- Greets patient when entering the practice
- Obtains accurate and updated patient information, such as name, address, insurance information
- Performs insurance verification on the date of service
- Files and maintains medical records
- Confirms and schedules appointments
- Answers telephone calls promptly and courteously
- Collects co-pays or outstanding balances on the date of service
- Performs referral documentation promptly
- Performs certain follow-up services for patients in a prompt and courteous manner, such as scheduling specialist appointments, scheduling follow-up appointments and obtaining copies lab results or specialist reports
- Adheres to the standards identified in Riverside's Employee Policy Manual
- Cooperates with other RMG employees to achieve specific team goals
- All RMG employees are expected to keep abreast on current medical requirements relevant to their position, which includes maintaining patient confidentiality and abiding by all HIPAA and OSHA requirements
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Basic computer knowledge
- Customer Service experience
Helping create positive customer experiences for providers and our members can drive your sense of impact and purpose. Join us as we improve the lives of millions. Learn more about how you can start doing your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care.
OptumCare's support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job Keywords: Patient Services Representative, North Arlington, NJ, New Jersey
Back to top