Patient Experience Specialist - Farmington, CT
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work.(sm)
ProHealth Physicians, part of OptumCare
If you want to get way ahead in your career, it makes sense to be with an organization that's way ahead of the curve. Formed in 1997, ProHealth Physicians has grown to become Connecticut's leading primary care physician organization. With over 90 locations throughout the state of Connecticut, our family of primary care doctors and specialists care for more than 360,000 people statewide. In fact, ProHealth serves every county and provides roughly ten percent of the primary care delivered to patients in the state. We're leaders in thinking and in serving our communities. For instance, we're a C.M.S. approved Accountable Care Organization (ACO), covering over 30,000 Medicare patients associated with our community-based primary care providers. We're also nationally recognized as a NCQA Level III Medical Home. That kind of progressive leadership makes us perfect fit for OptumCare and UnitedHealth Group's expanding family of providers. This is a place where you can stay way ahead as you do your life's best work.(sm)
Under the general supervision of and in close collaboration with the Director of Patient Experience, the Patient Experience Specialist provides support and expertise on patient advocacy, including soliciting, evaluating and analyzing patient feedback, recommending improvements based on patient feedback, and performing service recovery. The Patient Experience Specialist will gain understanding of and communicating patient needs, complaints, and concerns to staff, leaders, and medical staff, and collaborating with all parties to implement recommendations as applicable. The Patient Experience Specialist will work with all levels of staff to champion and support our organizational goal to be the region's most recognized healthcare organization for exceptional service on all levels.
- Grievance and Complaint Management
- Patient Satisfaction Surveying Process
- Provides educational support to staff, leaders and physicians on Patient Experience tools and activities.
- Participates with and supports the Patient Advisory Counsel, including recruitment, information sharing, meeting facilitation, assisting with agenda setting, minute taking and follow up.
- Meets with patients as required, via telephone or in person, to listen and ask questions related to their experience; collaborates with staff to ensure individual patient needs are met.
- Supports Service Recovery opportunities responding to the needs and concerns of patients, families and other customers.
- Facilitates recognition activities including using patient comments and compliments received.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Solid understanding of Clinical Operations in a primary care setting or other related healthcare setting
- Good use of analytical tools and data
- High proficiency with computer skills
- Excellent public speaking for training, presentations, and facilitation
- Clinical background or solid understanding of physician practice operations and health care delivery
- Experience in patient satisfaction survey process
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills, including conflict mediation, negotiation, problem solving, time and project management
- General understanding of medical terminology
- Experience with AllScripts or other Practice management systems and Electronic Health records
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
ProHealth Physicians is a physician-led medical group with 85 practice locations throughout Connecticut serving more than 10% of the state's residents. We empower physicians and advanced clinicians to better serve patients through enhanced care processes in support of improved patient outcomes. Formed in 1997, ProHealth Physicians has grown to include more than 350 primary care and specialty clinicians and offers select specialty and diagnostic/therapeutic services.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare's support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Patient Experience, Customer Experience, Customer Engagement, Farmington, CT
Back to top