Patient Care Coordinator - Oncology and Oncology Palliative Care - Las Vegas, NV
- Las Vegas, NV
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
- Verification of insurance benefits and obtaining pre - certifications and authorizations for patient visits, procedures, medications and any other office procedures that may require pre - certification
- Process insurance verification, prepare insurance forms and associated correspondence
- Inform patients of their financial responsibility after insurance benefits have been determined
- Maintain files with insurance authorizations and will maintain strict confidentiality as required relating to medical records and other data
- Demonstrate respect for patients and Optum Care staff by presenting a friendly, courteous manner at all times and maintaining patient confidentiality
- Provide attention to patients in a manner that builds confidence, trust and loyalty
- Use tasking and other applicable functionality in the EHR to communicate with administrative and clinical staff
- Assist coworkers as needed to assure smooth office operation and delivery of excellent service through teamwork
- Interface with insurance companies to coordinate and submit all documentation required for prior authorizations
- Maintain consistent follow up on status of all prior authorization requests
- Renew prior authorizations in a timely manner to avoid delay in patient treatment, ensuring that any and all treatment dates and drugs are covered for reimbursement
- Review authorizations from payer to determine approved items. Accurately log approval number, approved codes, number of visits and valid date range for tracking purposes
- Follow up with provider and insurance company on any denied authorization requests and resubmit request with additional documentation if directed by provided
- This role will be a dual role 80 / 20
- Trained as a Receptionist to fill in as needed for the practice. Receptionist fill in may require some adjustment to hours when necessary
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school education or equivalent experience
- 2+ years medical office experience
- Prior authorization experience
- EMR experience
- Good computer skills; Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
© 2018 OptumCare. All Rights Reserved.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare's support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Back to top