Patient Care Coordinator - Oklahoma City, OK
- United States
Energize your career with one of Healthcare's fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it's a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world's leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance
- Greet patients and build rapport to provide a positive patient experience
- Collect patient payments
- Make patient follow up calls (e.g., after procedures, admissions, or ER visits) to identify / close gaps in care
- Ask patients for and / or assist patients with completing required paperwork (e.g., health history, insurance documentation, etc.)
- Connect patients with outside resources (e.g., community resources, social services) to promote self care
- Review and support implementation of patient plan of care
- Work directly with patients to identify specific needs and/or request adjustments to plan of care
- Coordinate services / case management for non-episodic and non - catastrophic cases
- Manage / respond constructively to challenging patient interactions (e.g., address lack of understanding, socioeconomic challenges, frustrated patients, language barriers)
- Explain and talk to patients or caregivers about sensitive health care decisions such as advanced directives, physician's order for life sustaining treatment, and palliative care / hospice referrals
- Explain and ensure understanding of details related to patient care (e.g., , home health care transition procedures)
- Explain medical benefits/coverage specifics (e.g., procedures / amounts covered, denials of coverage, appeal rights)
- Access insurance plan systems to verify insurance eligibility / benefits for patients and seek additional information as necessary
- Input / update patient demographic data into computer system
- Update / upload patient care data (e.g., care plan data, inpatient data, patient program flags) in computer systems
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of customer Service OR 1+ years of call center experience
- 1+ years of experience in the Healthcare Insurance industry
- Understanding of relevant health plan guidelines and benefits (e.g., Medicare, Medicaid / Medical, commercial benefit plans
- Knowledge of Federal privacy regulations (e.g., HIPAA)
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology and human anatomy to document patient information using standard language / medical terminology
- Understanding of managed care policies / procedures that apply to patient care
- Ability to work Tuesday - Saturday 11am - 8pm with flexibility
- Infusion Experience
- Pharmacy Technician or Nursing background
Careers with BriovaRx Infusion Services. If you choose a career with BriovaRx Infusion Services, you'll join a team that is dedicated not only to delivering the latest in home infusion therapy, but also providing that care in a patient - first approach that offers better outcomes. As part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we strive to help our patients feel comfortable in their regimen so they can receive the treatment they need while maintaining the lifestyle they prefer. At BriovaRx Infusion Services, you'll join a team that inspires you to do better every day, resulting in your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Patient Care Coordinator; Pharmacy Tech; Nurse; customer Service; in bound/ out bound call center; Healthcare Insurance industry
View our Covid - 19 Resources Page at: https://info.uhg.com/
Back to top