Patient Access Supervisor - Concord, CA
- United States
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
Who are we? Optum360. We're a dynamic new partnership formed by Dignity Health and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we'll leverage our compassion, our talent, our resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of revenue management services to health care providers nationwide.
This position is responsible for managing and administering of multiple functions. May manage the business or part of a business unit. Manage daily operations of multiple levels of staff and multiple functions/departments across one or more business units. This includes day to day site operations, management leadership internal and external to organization, accountable for financial and non-financial results, and motivating staff to meet Key Performance Indicators (quality reviews, POS collections, denials management, and admission notifications)
Coordinates, supervises and is accountable for the daily activities of business support, technical or production team or unit.
Ensures compliance with existing rules, new rules, regulations and revisions, as set forth by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), as well as other federal and state laws and regulations that govern matters related to hospital and physician revenue cycle
- Functions as a revenue cycle compliance subject matter expert for; responding to revenue cycle related questions, overseeing and conducting revenue cycle-related monitoring activities, tracking and implementation of local, state and federal regulations as related to Optum360's operations and its clients
- Providing consultative guidance and compliance regulatory overview and investigations
- Oversees the development and implementation of compliance policies and procedures related to the organization's hospital revenue cycle
- Collaborates with key operation leaders, client liaisons / client service executives and other stakeholders to develop and implement effective corrective action plans and promote a culture of compliance
- Identify reduction in potential regulatory and compliance risks related to hospital and physician revenue cycle operations, communicate risks and implementation of regulations as well as addressing client/operational impact to processes
- Monitors, analyzes, interprets and communicates regulatory changes related to revenue cycle operations to include coding, billing and collections. Leads and oversees efforts to respond to new or changing regulations, including but not limited to communication regulations to leadership and impacted departments, assembling and chairing focus teams
- Ensures compliance with existing rules, new rules, regulations and revisions, as set forth by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), as well as other federal and state laws and regulations that govern matters related to hospital and physician revenue cycle
- Assists in overseeing efforts to respond to new or changing regulations, including but not limited to communicating regulations to leadership and affected departments, and collaborating with Operations to develop and implement effective corrective action plans
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or GED is required
- 3+ years of hospital admitting and registration experience for our department is required, emergency registration is very helpful
- Microsoft Office Suites experience and current basic proficiency is required within Word and Excel
- 3+ years of customer service experience (over the phone and in person)
- ICD-9 (CPT codes and diagnosis codes) knowledge
- Expected to be on call 2 weekends a month, holidays as rotated, and weekdays as assigned
- EPIC experience
- Familiarity with a collective bargaining unit team or management of such
- Kronos Timekeeping/Advanced Scheduling or other staff scheduling program knowledge
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and seek guidance as needed to clarify assignments or request for information
- Proven ability to provide coaching and training in a collaborative manner
Healthcare isn't just changing. It's growing more complex every day. ICD-10 Coding replaces ICD-9. Affordable Care adds new challenges and financial constraints. Where does it all lead? Hospitals and Healthcare organizations continue to adapt, and we are vital part of their evolution. And that's what fueled these exciting new opportunities.
If you're looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
Keywords: Patient Care Manager, Concord, CA, California, healthcare
Back to top