Part Time Pharmacy Technician - Genoa Healthcare - Phoenix, AZ
Opportunities with Genoa Healthcare. A career with Genoa Healthcare means you're a part of a collaborative effort to serve behavioral health and addiction treatment communities. We do more than just provide medicine: we change lives for the better. People with serious mental or chronic illness - and those who care for them - have moving stories, and at Genoa we become their voice, their partner. Working as part of a coordinated care team, we partner with community-based providers and others to ensure that people with complex health conditions get the right medications and are able to follow their treatment plans. Our personalized services - in-clinic pharmacies, telepsychiatry and medication management - are leading the way to a new level of care.
We recently joined OptumRx, a pharmacy care services company that is part of Optum and UnitedHealth Group's family of businesses. We are part of a leading information and technology-enabled health services business dedicated to making the health system work better for everyone. Take a closer look to learn why a career with Genoa Healthcare might be the path to discovering your life's best work. SM
We seek a Pharmacy Technician to support all functions of the Genoa mental health pharmacy, primarily through dispensing medical prescriptions, and performing necessary clerical duties while under the direct supervision of a registered pharmacist.
Our pharmacy hours are Monday-Friday 8am-5pm. This position is part time and a guaranteed 32 hours, split between 2 sites. There is the possibility to flex up to 40 hours, covering at other sites in Apache Junction and Casa Grande.
The addresses for the 2 primary locations are:
EMPACT Suicide Prevention Center
1035 E Jefferson Street Suite P1
Phoenix, AZ 85034
Community Partners Integrated Healthcare Inc. - Phoenix, AZ
1515 E Osborn Rd Ste P1
Phoenix, AZ 85014
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional customer service to all patients and members of the clinic staff
- Under direct supervision of the registered pharmacist, fills prescription orders and makes them available for verification by the Pharmacist. Once verified by the pharmacist, dispenses the prescriptions.
- Order, receive and store incoming pharmacy supplies.
- Receive and process wholesaler medication orders.
- Verify medication stock and enter data in computer to maintain inventory records.
- Help maintain a clean organized work environment.
- Perform various clerical duties relating to the department.
- Work with the pharmacist to assist in the pharmacy functions and keeping the pharmacy in compliance with all federal and state requirements.
- Occasional medication delivery to consumers.
- Other Duties as assigned.
Educational or Skills Requirements:
- Must be a licensed Pharmacy Technician in the state you are applying to work.
- Some Pharmacy Technician experience is required
- PTCB Certification is preferred, but not required for all states
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and telephone protocol. Duties require professional verbal and written communication skills.
Please go to the website to apply, do not contact the Pharmacy directly.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: pharmacy, technician, retail, customer service, PTCB, pharmaceutical, pharm tech, mental health, behavioral health, Phoenix, AZ
Back to top