Part Time Access Service Representative - Glen Cove, NY
- Jericho, NY
Combine two of the fastest - growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
The Part Time Access Service Representative registers patients and provides information regarding hospital rules and regulations. Conducts interviews to obtain demographics and insurance information. Keys information into the Patient Registration System. Obtains appropriate signature on medical, legal and financial forms. Performs a variety of other clerical duties related to patient's registration.
- Contacts insurance carrier(s) to obtain all information necessary for the successful billing of 3rd party payers (coordination of benefits, benefit coverage / limits, co - pay / deductible amounts, authorization, pre - certification and referral requirements, etc.
- Re - verifies insurance of recurring patients
- Advises patient of all financial obligations
- Communicates balance amounts, deposits and point of service payments
- Prepares charts, registration, and forms
- Informs manager of all activities, needs, and problems
- Assists with data collection and performs charge entry as needed
- Deals with physicians, nurses and other customers
- Performs related duties as required
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Healthcare insurance and / or medical insurance experience within a hospital, physician's office, or medical clinic environment
- Experience with Microsoft Word (create correspondence and work within templates) and Microsoft Outlook (generate emails and calendar management)
- Ability to work 18.75 hours per week with the availability to work evenings and overnights, as well as every other weekend.
- Ability to work outside of normally scheduled shift as needed
- Experience performing customer service in a medical setting
- Experience with ICD - 10 codes
- Experience performing registration in a healthcare setting
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, Glen Cove, customer service, registration, part time, on call, hospital, office, clinic, flex, weekends
Back to top