Paralegal - Irving, Texas
- Irving, TX
Bring us your experience, your head for strategy, your strength with relationships and your eye for opportunity. In return we offer an unmatched place to grow and develop your career among a richly diverse group of businesses driven by the power and stability of a leading health care organization. Come help us heal and strengthen the health care system as you do your life's best work.(sm)
This position provides legal support to OptumCare attorneys, risk management, and clinic teams.
- Edit and revise a wide variety of types of contracts/agreements based on client needs
- Assist in tracking and managing litigation and claims docket; coordinate with outside counsel and insurers; schedule meetings and depositions; review and assist with records requests and subpoenas
- Work with clinic and operations staff to address their legal questions and appropriately escalate to counsel
- Research applicability of laws, regulations, and other requirements to cases, contracts, or decisions
- Work with internal/external partners to support case / risk management
- Represent Legal Department on business unit committees and special projects
- Evaluate and apply relevant business policies and procedures
- Perform others duties assigned
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of contract drafting and management experience
- Paralegal certificate
- 2+ years of claims or litigation management experience
- 3+ years of experience in healthcare or working with the healthcare industry
- Experience with customer service and engaging with operations personnel
- Intermediate proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, & PowerPoint
- Works well in dynamic, changing environment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: paralegal, contract drafting, paralegal certificate, healthcare, litigation management
Back to top