Outpatient Pediatric Physician - USMD- Mansfield, TX
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work.(sm)
As part of the multi-disciplinary team, the Pediatrician will provide primary medical diagnostic and therapeutic care and service, referring consultations for specialty care, and education and preventive care advice to all patients served. The Pediatrician performance will be tracked and comparatively reported using metrics related to the strategic direction and operational needs of the organization.
- The Pediatrician is expected to be able to provide care consistent with their licensure and/or certification
- Provides diagnosis, treatment, therapy and management of patients according to current standards of care
- Utilizes managed care processes for cost-effective and efficient use of lab, radiology and extended service providers, including specialists, hospitals, skilled nursing providers, and other ancillary services
- Completes timely and comprehensive medical documentation in EMR systems according to company standards
- Participates with peers, employed specialists, for the comprehensive care of the pediatric patient
- Conducts or directs education effective communications to patients, families, and other health care providers
- Conducts educational activities for organization's physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and their ancillary staff for the purposes of education and patient care
- Participates in business and patient care meetings
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.)
- Board certification or eligibility in Pediatrics
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diptheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) proficiency
- Possess a working understanding and support of a managed care environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and maintain relationships with various health plans
Careers with USMD. If you're idea of a great day at work involves putting great new ideas to work, we should talk. Throughout the greater Dallas area, we've built an evolving, integrated health care model that brings primary care and specialist providers together to work in new and better ways. A thriving part of OptumCare and the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, our multi-specialty group of hospitals, clinics and providers features more than 250 physicians and associate practitioners. We provide health care services to patients in more than 20 different specialties at our two hospitals, four cancer treatment centers and nearly 50 physician clinics. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Pediatrician, physician, doctor, MD, DEA, osteopathy, Texas, TX
Back to top