Outcome Assurance Representative - Morgantown, WV-Cheat Lake
- Clarksburg, WV
Careers with MedExpress. At MedExpress, we believe in delivering quality, convenient, affordable health care and exceeding our patients' expectations. Our neighborhood medical centers are open every day from 8-8 with a full medical team and no appointments necessary to help patients get in, get healthy, and get back to what's really important. We provide a broad scope of services including urgent care, basic wellness and prevention, and employer health services. As part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we're working together to help people live healthier lives and to help the health system work better for everyone. You can become part of our elite team almost anywhere with 250 MedExpress centers across the country and two administrative offices in Morgantown, WV and Pittsburgh, PA. Join us and start doing your life's best work. SM
Role Specific Language:
The Outcome Assurance Representative is responsible for timely and accurate referral sources for employers also ensuring quality standards and company policies/procedures are followed during customer interactions and at times in a call center environment.
- Works with patients, centers and workers compensation insurance carriers to refer to correct referral source via phone, mail and e-mail
- Responsible for maintaining individual and departmental goals including: Call Quality, Average Call Handle Time, Service Level, Average Speed of Answer, Abandonment rate, etc.
- Provide feedback to management on identified issues and assist with resolution of any items or trends that negatively impact patient-client experience
- Maintain confidentiality information with focus on HIPAA guidelines and strong customer service
- Demonstrate flexibility to meet the needs of external and internal customers in regard to: changes in work volume, planned changes, scheduling changes, client services support
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School graduate or GED required
- 3+ years' experience in customer service preferred
- Must be able to manage complex conversations in a professional manner
- Skills in developing and maintaining effective relationships
- Strong organizational skills and the flexibility to manage multiple tasks and work in a fast paced environment
Proof of immunity to vaccine-preventable diseases is an employment requirement.
© 2019 OptumCare. All rights reserved.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both its owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare's support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine provided by the medical practices of any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Customer Service, Call Center, Patient Care, Medical, Healthcare, health care, workers compensation, works comp, insurance, health insurance, MedExpress, Morgantown, West Virginia
Back to top