Outcome Assurance Representative - Morgantown, WV
- United States
Careers with MedExpress. At MedExpress, we believe in delivering quality, convenient, affordable health care and exceeding our patients' expectations. Our neighborhood medical centers are open every day from 8-8 with a full medical team and no appointments necessary to help patients get in, get healthy, and get back to what's really important. We provide a broad scope of services including urgent care, basic wellness and prevention, and employer health services. As part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we're working together to help people live healthier lives and to help the health system work better for everyone. You can become part of our elite team almost anywhere with 250 MedExpress centers across the country and two administrative offices in Morgantown, WV and Pittsburgh, PA. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Responsible for timely and accurate referral sources for employers also ensuring quality standards and company policies/procedures are followed during customer interactions and at times in a call center environment.
- Has a contagious and positive work ethic, inspires others, and models the behaviors of Genuine, Caring, Friendly.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication that is clear, well-organized, and demonstrates an understanding of audience needs.
- Through genuine and positive communication, makes each customer feel informed, understood, and special.
- An effective team player who contributes valuable ideas and feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments.
- Is able to keep up in the MedExpress environment by facing tasks and challenges with energy and passion.
- Pursues activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of success, and can be counted on to complete goals.
- Adherence to standards of business conduct and compliance
- Will interact with all employees of the on a regular basis as well as other cross-functional team-members at the Administrative Offices.
- Works with patients, centers and workers comp insurance carriers to refer to correct referral source. These could be received via phone, mail and e-mail communications.
- Responsible for maintaining individual and departmental goals including: Call Quality, Average Call Handle Time, Service Level, Average Speed of Answer, Abandonment rate, etc.
- Provide feedback to management on identified issues and assist with resolution of any items or trends that negatively impact patient-client experience.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient diagnostic and treatment information with focus on HIPAA guidelines and strong customer service skills, may include eScreen and UDS support.
- Demonstrate flexibility to meet the needs of external and internal customers in regard to: changes in work volume, planned changes, scheduling changes, client services support.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Three to five years' experience in customer service preferred. High School graduate or GED required.
- Must be able to manage complex conversations in a professional manner.
- Skills in developing and maintaining effective relationships with patients, third party payors and other members of the MedExpress team.
- Strong organizational skills and the flexibility to manage multiple tasks and work in a fast paced environment.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
Non-Center Based. Requires: the ability to sit at a computer for hours at a time (with some bending and stooping) and travel to Centers (if so, the noise level is moderate and there is potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood-borne pathogens).
© 2019 OptumCare. All rights reserved.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both its owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare's support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine provided by the medical practices of any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Outcome Assurance Representative, Morgantown, WV
Back to top