Orthopedic Surgeon | Sports Medicine - American Health Network - Muncie, IN
- Muncie, IN
As a part of the OptumCare network, American Health Network is seeking an Orthopedic Surgeon to join our growing team in Muncie, IN with multiple practice locations available. At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing physician-led care locally. Work with the largest care delivery organization in the world and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
- Perform surgery and examinations on the musculoskeletal system
- Use surgical as well as nonsurgical procedures in order to treat broken bones, dislocations, infections, trauma, diseases and injuries, as well as musculoskeletal reconstructions
- Provide care to orthopedic patients, perform medical examinations, plan for appropriate treatments and monitor the patient's progress
- Provide consultation services to other medical professionals and manage the entire orthopedic facility or department in order to make sure that the department is compliant with the state, local and federal regulation
- Diagnose, examine and treat skeletal diseases
- If treatment and medication plans do not work, perform surgery or replacements on the affected body part through the use of corrective equipment such as casts, splints and braces
- Unrestricted licensure in the state of Indiana or has an Indiana application in process
- Board certification or board eligibility in Orthopedic Surgery
- Active and unrestricted DEA License or ability to obtain prior to start
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
American Health Network is a physician led network of more 70 practice locations are creating exceptional health outcomes and impact for communities in Indiana and Ohio.
Our physician leadership has shaped a culture that features empowered management, high levels of teamwork and partnership and robust recognition; all with the aim of providing the highest quality of care and service.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job Keywords; surgery, IN, Indiana, DEA, orthopedic, surgeon, Muncie
Back to top