Orthopaedic Trauma Surgeon, Fellowship Trained - Las Vegas, NV
- Las Vegas, NV
OptumCare Orthopedics and Spine is seeking a Board Certified/Board Eligible Fellowship Trained Orthopaedic Surgeon with sub-specialty fellowship training in Trauma. Candidates should be committed to an academic surgical practice, research, and resident teaching. We seek candidates that are enthusiastic and willing to be members of a team committed to building an outstanding Academic Orthopaedic Department and Residency Program. The ACGME approved residency program is associated with the UNLV School of Medicine and University Medical Center, a busy level 1 trauma center in Las Vegas.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- M.D. or D.O. degree
- OTA approved, one-year trauma fellowship
- Board Certified/Board Eligible in Orthopaedic Surgery
- Active and unrestricted medical license in the State of Nevada or ability to obtain prior to employment
- DEA license or ability to obtain prior to employment
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
We offer patient care that is compassionate, appropriate and effective for the treatment of health problems and the promotion of health. Our employees work with professionalism, as manifested through a commitment to carrying out professional responsibilities, adherence to ethical principles, and sensitivity to a diverse patient population.
We run a systems-based practice, as manifested by actions that demonstrate an awareness of and responsiveness to the larger context and system of health care and the ability to effectively call on system resources to provide care that is of optimal value.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work. (sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Orthopaedic Trauma Surgeon, Physician, Las Vegas, Nevada, NV.
Back to top