OR RN Part Time Southwest Medical Las Vegas
- Las Vegas, NV
(This position is Part Time - 32 hours per week)
There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Nursing here isn't for everybody. Instead of seeing a handful of patients each day, your work may affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Southwest Medical, part of OptumCare, is a multi-specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, home health, hospice and palliative care services, plus E-visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. Southwest Medical offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. Southwest Medical is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
As a Perioperative RN you will circulate surgical cases in an ambulatory perioperative setting in a fast paced environment.
- Addresses patient needs during admission to the operating room, with attention to requirements specific to the outpatient setting
- Identifies the patient and correct surgical intervention according to policy / procedure and communicates such information to all members of the surgical team
- Reviews patients medical records / needs to plan care with other healthcare team members
- Explains intraoperative phase of routine procedures and care to the patient
- Performs the circulating nurse's role and functions following approved operating room procedures to meet the requirements of scheduled procedures
- Provides continuity of patient care by communicating with other perioperative care personnel and documenting records accordingly
- Responds in a timely manner to meet the needs of the patient and physician to maintain surgeon's preference and procedures cards
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current, unrestricted NV RN license or temporary NV RN license with the ability to obtain permanent NV RN license upon expiration of temporary NV RN license
- PALS (within 90 days of hire)
- 1+ year of critical care experience in an Operating Room environment
- Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
PLEASE NOTE The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: BLS, ACLS, PALS, GI Endoscopy, Las Vegas, NV, Nevada
Back to top