Optum Leadership Experience Program, MBA Intern - Eden Prairie, MN
While you're hitting the books, you can be helping change the world. You have business experience. You're pursuing a MBA. You're looking for an internship that will lead to a professional development and leadership rotation program when you graduate. You want to start making a difference right now. Well, hello and hop aboard. Put yourself among one of the best teams anywhere and start improving your career impact everywhere.
Begin your career at UnitedHealth Group and you'll get an opportunity to do something extraordinary: make a real difference. We have modest goals: Help 75 million people live healthier lives. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Brilliant. Compassionate. Driven. You'll find these people everywhere you turn here. You'll also find a world of career options fueled by your performance and limited only by imagination. Start here. And start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Here's the idea. We built focused businesses, inside UnitedHealth Group, organized around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. Through our two business platforms, UnitedHealthcare and Optum, we work to improve the health care system and advance the health and well-being of individuals and communities so that they can enjoy better, fuller lives. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges. It's a culture of optimism that's not like any place you've ever worked. Many incredible ideas in one incredible company.
Optum is a thriving member of UnitedHealth Group, one of the largest health care companies in the world. We're doing everything in our power to make health care work better for everyone. That includes the entire spectrum of health care participants: individual consumers and employers, commercial payers and intermediaries, physicians, hospitals, pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers, and more.
Professional Development Program Internship for MBA students:
The Optum Leadership Intern Experience provides selected MBA participants with experiential learning opportunities that apply their MBA program acumen and leverage their work experience to innovatively shape transformative change in the health system. We are seeking highly motivated, passionate, MBA students with new ideas, approaches, and innovations. Selected participants will gain valuable healthcare business experience, develop executive leadership relationships and prepare them to be a future leader at Optum after receiving MBA.
Want to transform an industry? Optum is helping people live healthier lives and helping to make the health system work better for everyone. The Optum Leadership Intern Experience will provide interns an opportunity to view and experience aspects of our development program tailored for recent MBA graduates. Over the course of the summer, interns are exposed to challenging, high-profile business initiatives in multiple Optum businesses and/or corporate functions. Interns will experience work assignments aligned with their personal talents and Optum business priorities.
The Optum Leadership Intern Experience is your first step in securing a full-time, permanent position in the Optum Leadership Team upon graduation.
- Opportunities to work with industry professionals to innovate and solve complex health care challenges
- Substantive experiential assignments and special project opportunities
- Exposure to the Optum executive leader community
- Networking across the organization and health care industry
- With an emphasis on employee professional growth, participants receive formal development training and opportunities to learn our industry and our business
- Working directly with Optum businesses to help determine needs and solve complex and strategic business challenges
- Conducting strategic research to shape investment, growth, quality and innovation
- Analyzing and validating business recommendations to enable operational preparedness
- Supporting business improvement initiatives with operational assessments and suctioning
- Work in teams leading business process redesign opportunities
- Making recommendations to Optum leadership based on business case and analysis
- Undergraduate degree required
- Currently pursuing an advanced degree - MBA - with a target graduation date no later than June 2021
- Ability to work as a summer intern at the Optum headquarters location in Minnesota during the summer of 2020
- Minimum of three years of previous professional work experience
- Minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization (F-1 students with practical training and candidates requiring H-1Bs, TNs, etc. will not be considered)
- Outstanding academic achievement
- Comfort with ambiguity and a willingness to explore a variety of business challenges
- Demonstrated agility in learning
- Excellent relationship management skills; ability to work with all levels in a matrix environment
- Strong communication, impact, and influence skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze business data and strategy
- History of quickly gaining credibility, partnering with business leaders and exhibiting executive presence
- Proven ability to articulate business strategies and formulate concise solutions to complex problems
- Champion continuous change, consult with versatility, exhibit personal leadership and model a customer orientation
- Superior conceptual, analytical skills
- Ability to succinctly interpret data and strategic frameworks for executives
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Back to top