Onsite Service Account Manager - Austin, TX
- Austin, TX
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
Health care is changing because it has to. UnitedHealth Group is driving that change because we want to. And, because there's no team, anywhere, that is better equipped to do it. When it comes to talent and remarkable individual achievements we are 133,000+ strong. That's a lot of people doing a lot of great things. For them, and for you, we've created an environment that brings out their best in all the ways that make them special. What words describe that for you? Creativity? Focus? Intensity? Passion? Bring it all. We'll provide you with a mission and a culture that make the most of it. That's why someday, you'll look back at the things you achieved here and realize that you did your life's best work.
The Onsite Service Account Manager is responsible for first-level response and resolution or triage of escalated issues with external and internal customers. This role will enhance the overall delivery of benefits and services by providing on-site dedicated support and guidance to a large or complex client. The Onsite Service Account Manager builds relationships with employer / group clients and serves as the primary point of contact for operational service delivery by: representing the client internally, completing projects and reporting, and coordinating with other functions to meet service delivery expectations and address ongoing service needs.
- Establish and maintain effective relationship with clients
- Investigate and manage escalated member level issues through root cause analysis and communicate outcome (in person, telephonically or via written communication) to internal partners or external clients
- Serve as liaison between internal customers and external customers to facilitate member level issue resolution and respond to inquiries
- Track, trend, and proactively review accounts for service opportunities
- Drive process improvement based on trend analysis
- Identify and report system problems in relation to benefit installation and interpretation
- Complete ad hoc report requests and analysis and submit to customer research team as needed
- Document and track all issues and activities accurately within the issue tracking database
- Drive excellence in service within organization and across organization by providing feedback to Operations on service failures
- Strengthen relationship with Account Management Teams and external customers
- Travel to meet with UnitedHealthcare Operations Advocacy and Account Management Team on an as needed basis
- Manage the Onsite SAM relationship between the client, Account Management Team and the New Onsite Service Account Managers.
- Travel to support client/member meetings as needed.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years healthcare industry experience
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and / or print scaling)
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and / or formatting font)
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and / or adjusting table columns
- Experience creating presentations and presenting in front of groups
- Ability to travel 25% of the time
- Associates Degree (or higher)
- 2+ years' Service Account Management experience
- 2+ years business project management experience
- Medicare insurance experience
- Experience working at a client site
- Active license in resident state for Accident & Health or the ability obtain it within 90 days of employment
- Demonstrated high integrity and ethical behavior and compliance to applicable laws, regulations and policies
- Excellent verbal and written communication
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near - obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, Military families and Veterans wherever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: account manager, account management, relationship buildin g
Back to top