Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant Physical Assessments Part Time
- Salt Lake City, UT
5K Sign On Bonus
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
In this role, you will conduct assessments or provide primary care to patients in SNF, Senior Centers or other Primary Care offices. You will coordinate with their physician and facility staff to deliver high quality care. This is a flexible, autonomous role that creates enormous satisfaction for the Nurse Practitioner as you impact the care and comfort of our aging population. All the while, you'll be building meaningful relationships with the patients, their families, and the health care providers who are responsible for their care.
- Provide preventative, primary care, or assessments for patients in Senior Centers or other Primary Care offices. Work with primary care physicians to provide the best care possible
- Collaborate with the nursing staff and the patients' families
- Conduct assessments on health plan members
- Review patient's past medical history and formulate a list of current and past medical conditions using clinical knowledge and judgment and the findings of your assessment
- Review current symptoms and identify diagnoses to be used in care management and active medical management of treatment
- Physical examination, medication review, and depression screening
- Check vitals, conduct a physical exam that includes monofilament test, urine dipstick, and foot exam (as appropriate)
- Communicate findings in your assessment that will be used to inform the PCP of potential gaps in care
- Educate members on topics such as disease process, medication, and compliance
- Comply with all HIPAA regulations and maintain security of protected health information (PHI)
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current, unrestricted NP or PA license in the state of assignment or the ability to obtain
- 2+ years of clinical experience, primary care or internal medicine
- Ability to obtain DEA licensure/Prescriptive Authority post-hire in states where applicable
- Nurse Practitioner national certification as ANP, FNP, or GNP required or PA-C
- Clinical background in adult, family or geriatric specialties
- Past experience working with seniors
- Computer literate and able to navigate the internet
- Experience in gerontology, cardiology, internal medicine, or endocrinology
- Excellent administrative, organizational and verbal skills
- Ability to follow established dress code
- Effective communication skills with the geriatric or Medicare population
- Ability to work independently
- Detail oriented
- Dependable and reliable
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
PLEASE NOTE The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Nurse practitioner, physician assistant, physical assessments, Salt Lake City, Utah, UT, gerontology, cardiology, internal medicine, endocrinology
Back to top