Nurse Practitioner Long Term Care Brooklyn NY
Serving millions of Medicare and Medicaid patients, Optum is the nation's largest health and wellness business and a vibrant, growing member of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. You have found the best place to advance your advanced practice nursing career. We are one of the nation's largest employers of Nurse Practitioners, offering incredible opportunities to make a difference in the lives of patients. This growth is not only a testament to our model's success but the efforts, care and commitment of our Nurse Practitioners.
In this role, you will provide primary care to patients in long term care settings; coordinate with their PCP and facility staff to deliver high quality care on - site. This is a flexible, autonomous role that creates enormous satisfaction for the NP as you impact the care and comfort of our aging population. All the while, you'll be building meaningful relationships with the residents and their families and the health care providers who are responsible for their care.
- Provide preventative or primary care in assigned long term care facilities
- Work with primary care physicians to provide the best care possible
- Collaborate with the nursing staff and the patients' families
- Work with the facility's utilization review process
- Learn more about palliative care
This position works a fixed schedule and requires the ability to manage a case load of patients with varying degrees of illness. Extensive documentation / EMR work is also involved.
- Current, unrestricted NP or PA license in the state of NY or the ability to obtain
- For NPs: Graduate of an accredited Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) program and Board Certified through the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) or the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) with preferred certification as ANP, FNP, or GNP
- For PAs: Physician Assistant, active, unrestricted license in the state which you reside and currently board - certified by an appropriate midlevel practitioner certifying agency
- Ability to obtain DEA licensure / Prescriptive Authority post - hire in states where applicable
- A clinical background in adult, family or geriatric specialties
- Intermediate level of PC - proficiency with programs like Microsoft Word and Outlook
Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work.(sm) If you want more meaning in your career, take this opportunity and apply.
PLEASE NOTE The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Key words: Nurse Practitioner Jobs, Geriatric Nurse Practitioner, NP, Family Nurse Practitioner, geriatric, long term care, LTC, Assisted Living, Nursing Home, Primary Care, ANP, FNP, AANP, GNP, ANCC, AANP, New York, NY
Meet Some of UnitedHealth Group's Employees
Jessica D.Compassion Manager
Jessica studies how compassion fits into health care and trains employees on ways to treat UnitedHealth Group members with empathy and understanding.
Back to top