Nurse Practitioner House Calls Per Assessment 2500 Sign On Bonus External Candidate Oakland, MI
- Pontiac, MI
This is a 12 hour a week position Per Assessment position covering Oakland, MI
We're fast becoming the nation's largest employer of Nurse Practitioners; offering a superior professional environment and incredible opportunities to make a difference in the lives of patients. This growth is not only a testament to our model's success but the efforts, care, and commitment of our Nurse Practitioners.
Serving millions of Medicare and Medicaid patients, Optum is the nation's largest health and wellness business and a vibrant, growing member of the UnitedHealth Group family. We're also the career home for Nurse Practitioners who bring compassion and passion, energy and focus to their work every day. This is your opportunity to join a group of professionals and clinicians who are working to improve health care for people over 50.
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work.(sm)
In this role, you will conduct in-home health assessments on enrolled Medicare Advantage members within a geographic area of responsibility. While the average visit is 45-60 minutes, the nature of the House Calls visit can vary and could include performing an annual health assessment, a post discharge visit, or visiting more complex members more than once per year.
- Conduct in - home assessments on health plan members. The House Calls Assessment includes:
- Past medical history
- Review of symptoms
- Physical examination
- Medication review
- Depression screening
- Responsible for checking vitals, conducting a physical exam that includes monofilament test, urine dipstick, and foot exam (as appropriate)
- Identify diagnoses to be used in care management and active medical management in the furtherance of treatment
- Formulate a list of current and past medical conditions using clinical knowledge and judgment and the findings of your assessment
- Communicate findings in your assessment that will be used to inform the PCP of potential gaps in care
- Educate members on topics such as disease process, medication, and compliance
- Comply with all HIPAA regulations and maintain security of protected health information (PHI)
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current, unrestricted NP license in the state of assignment
- 1+ years of clinical experience in highest level of education, OR 3+ years of experience as a Registered Nurse
- Nurse Practitioner national certification as ANP, FNP, or GNP
- Clinical background in adult, family, or geriatric specialties
- Past experience working in a nursing home or with seniors in other settings
- Computer literate and able navigate the internet
- Ability to spend at least 1 hour with a member in their home, which may be in understaffed or remote areas, in the presence of pets, or members / family members that are tobacco users
- Ability to lift 30 pound bag in and out of car and up and down steps
- Ability to navigate stairs and a variety of dwelling conditions and configurations
- Ability to sit, stand, and kneel as needed to perform physical assessment
- Experience in gerontology, cardiology, internal medicine, or endocrinology
- Ability to obtain DEA licensure / Prescriptive Authority post-hire in states where applicable
- Home care or home visit experience
- Knowledgeable in regards to standard of care of common chronic health conditions as well as health promotion and prevention guidelines
- Ability to follow established dress code
- Effective communication skills with the geriatric or Medicare population
- Ability to navigate on the internet and work with personal computer
- Ability to work independently
- Detail oriented
- Dependable and reliable
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their health care needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow. Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good. Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed. Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Nurse Practitioner Jobs, Geriatric Nurse Practitioner, NP, Home Health, Primary Care, Oakland, MI, Michigan
Back to top